The New Raith Rovers Thread

was going to starks park, when you were still pissing your pants!!! saw a goalkeeper called murray macdermott who played for the rovers for along time & morton won a winners medal for the ton in season 1983/1984. murray died of cancer just recently rip murray a good steady goalkeeper in his day, as a lot of older raith rovers fans will know, think a guy called crhis candlish was the rovers captain that first visit to starks park in 1983. COME ON YE TON!!!!!

My comment was nothing personal Delton. I merely used you as a vehicle to have a pop at that loveable young scamp VikingTon.

My first Raith game (That I remember anyway) was in 86. I probably did still pish my pants on occasion around 83/84 though. :D

was going to starks park, when you were still pissing your pants!!!

So did you gain, and have since lost, your ability to structure sentences, or like the top wine shelf in a Greenock SPAR, has it forever gone untapped?

My comment was nothing personal Delton. I merely used you as a vehicle to have a pop at that loveable young scamp VikingTon.

My first Raith game (That I remember anyway) was in 86. I probably did still pish my pants on occasion around 83/84 though. :D

no brobs andy c no offence taken. all the best with the rovers. always enjoyed my days away at starks park. like the day we won the 2nd divsion there.

So did you gain, and have since lost, your ability to structure sentences, or like the top wine shelf in a Greenock SPAR, has it forever gone untapped?
dont like wine raith 94, plus dont even stay in GREENOCK!!!! so thats you f...d BUT WILL ALWAYS BE A TON!!!!! :lol:

In our Championship winning season we beat Stirling Albion once. That victory came when their season was over and we had a fantastic level of momentum. I see no evidence whatsoever that last season's squad would have won that game.

I'd rather go through in the cups and get some money in too. I'm not slitting my wrists over a poor result against a team we struggle to beat on any ocassion.

I repeat; get a fucking grip of yourself.

Spot on, I could imagine the outcry if we had just lost a 12 month unbeaten at home record to a 3rd division side. But to lose at Forthbank again, isn't worth jumping of the end of the harbour for.

He's a condescending tool. Is it an alias of yours?

Well firstly, as a mod you know that's not the case. Secondly, 16 thousand posts and an alias? That'd be pushing the boundaries of decency. ;)

Edited by vikingTON

Guest Dunc?

Just had a look at the video from the Stirling game, and it beggars belief that Gregory Tadé is being slagged off.

He's the only player who actually looks like he's able to create chances. Obviously Iain Williamson has been scoring goals, but two of them were penalties. I can't help feeling that if Tadé had taken and scored them he'd be FanTalk's Golden Boy at the moment, such is the bizarre logic over there.

I'd be quite interested to see Tadé start alongside Bryce tomorrow night. Tadé's struggling with his finishing, but that's nothing compared to Weiry, who has looked fairly anonymous in the games I've seen so far. Maybe a change of pace alongside him will help the Tadster out.

I think you`ll find up until Saturday Weir has created most if not all of Tades numerous chances all of which hes missed.

I can't help feeling that if Tadé had taken and scored them he'd be FanTalk's Golden Boy at the moment, such is the bizarre logic over there.

How is bizarre logic?Of course hed be the supporters golden boy if he had taken all his chances,thats natural.It would be the same with any player.However Tade has contrived to miss all his chances so hes getting crucified as is Davidson btw.

Oh look, you made a funny!

There's a lot to be said for humour - you might try injecting some into one or two of your 650 monthly posts.

Having said that, the 'Iron's Plan Z, somewhere behind the bins' was nae bad.

The problem is this:

Tadé is a decent enough player until he's infront of goal. He can create chances, but has no confidence infront of goal. He'd be a good player if he had a goalscorer alongside him. Sadly, he has Graham Weir who's notoriety for not scoring is well noted.

Weir was a decent enough player last year at drawing out defenders and holding up the ball. I've been very unimpressed with him in pre-season, though. I haven't even seen him take a shot. We don't expect Weir to score, although this is no good when he has Tadé alongside him, given he can't score either.

Basically, a strike pairing of Weir and Tadé isn't going to work in a million years. We need this loanee in ASAP and we need him to be a goalscorer. If he isn't, we're fucked. As a moot point, I'd drop Weir before Tadé. Tadé is faster, stronger and actually looks like he might do something (until he's 20 yards from goal). Weir has just looked like contributing nothing so far.

Tadé is faster, stronger and actually looks like he might do something (until he's 20 yards from goal). Weir has just looked like contributing nothing so far.

Yes Tade is faster but stronger I don`t think so.He was blown over by a gust of wing in the game against Airdrie.Weir will win us more free kicks in and around the box ;)

Weir has just looked like contributing nothing so far.

As I said previously Weir has created most if not all of Tades numerous goalscoring opporchancitys which hes failed to take any of.If we had a striker who had scored from these opporchancitys I don`t think Weir would be getting it in the neck.Sloan was lauded last season for the chances he created..I agree Tade is fast but thats the only attribute he has that Weir doesn`t but for me Weir is stronger and has a better work rate

The problem is this:

Tadé is a decent enough player until he's infront of goal. He can create chances, but has no confidence infront of goal. He'd be a good player if he had a goalscorer alongside him. Sadly, he has Graham Weir who's notoriety for not scoring is well noted.

Weir was a decent enough player last year at drawing out defenders and holding up the ball. I've been very unimpressed with him in pre-season, though. I haven't even seen him take a shot. We don't expect Weir to score, although this is no good when he has Tadé alongside him, given he can't score either.

Basically, a strike pairing of Weir and Tadé isn't going to work in a million years. We need this loanee in ASAP and we need him to be a goalscorer. If he isn't, we're fucked. As a moot point, I'd drop Weir before Tadé. Tadé is faster, stronger and actually looks like he might do something (until he's 20 yards from goal). Weir has just looked like contributing nothing so far.

Exactly.

Ive calmed down a bit from Sat, but there are still a number of worrying factors.

1. The above point. Weir and Tade work hard. Goalscorers, they aint.

2. The attitude of the team lookeed out of sorts. The comradary of last season didnt seem to be there. Instead, we had players fighting amongst each other, whilst our most industrious player in the past couple of years (Weir), looked like he couldnt be arsed.

3. Communication. At least 3 or 4 times I saw numerous players going for the same ball etc. SPEAK to each other.

4. Long balls up to Tade wont cut it this year.

4. Whilst the team was falling to bits and players were fighting with each other, our captain was staring at his feet. I dont mind Davidson, I think he is a useful member of the squad. He isnt a captain though. There was only one player showing any kind of leadership - that was Ellis. Its commonplace to criticise Davo, but when he looks so dis-interested, it really isnt hard.

5. Bringing Bryce on with 5 to go didnt work before, it wont work now. If this guys good enough, put him on earlier.

I also get very pissed off at people (who werent at the game) accusing other fans of over reacting. I think when we pay good money to watch shite, we can react how we like.

The integrity of these cups can be questioned all you want. These are competitive cups - and I expect the Rovers to approach them in the right manner.

Exactly.

Ive calmed down a bit from Sat, but there are still a number of worrying factors.

2. The attitude of the team lookeed out of sorts. The comradary of last season didnt seem to be there. Instead, we had players fighting amongst each other, whilst our most industrious player in the past couple of years (Weir), looked like he couldnt be arsed.

3. Communication. At least 3 or 4 times I saw numerous players going for the same ball etc. SPEAK to each other.

4. Whilst the team was falling to bits and players were fighting with each other, our captain was staring at his feet. I dont mind Davidson, I think he is a useful member of the squad. He isnt a captain though. There was only one player showing any kind of leadership - that was Ellis. Its commonplace to criticise Davo, but when he looks so dis-interested, it really isnt hard.

5. Bringing Bryce on with 5 to go didnt work before, it wont work now. If this guys good enough, put him on earlier.

I also get very pissed off at people (who werent at the game) accusing other fans of over reacting. I think when we pay good money to watch shite, we can react how we like.

The integrity of these cups can be questioned all you want. These are competitive cups - and I expect the Rovers to approach them in the right manner.

Well said, I think Weir needs dropped to give him a kick up the backside

People *can* react how they like, yeah. I never really understood how that was supposed to be an argument for saying it was any kind of a good idea that they do so.

I agree with giving Bryce a start, btw, not just tomorrow but probably Saturday to give him a proper chance.

Exactly.

Excellent post, and I agree with your points. Funnily enough I wasn't at the game because of work, but I thought it was a bloody disgrace to lose in the first round of the Alba cup, especially after getting a report from my dad and brother who were at the game, who said the Rovers lacked interest. It doesn't matter if it is indeed a 'diddy' cup, but it is a cup that we could have challenged for. On the other hand, we do have a small squad and injuries could have picked up in these cup games, which would lead to players being sidelined for (in my opinion) more important league games. Roll on though! Onwards and upwards.