The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hmmm, would rather avoid him as I didn't think he was up to much during his loan spell. Same with Wallace.

Would love it to be Smith as he slotted in well mid-season and obviously enjoys it at Raith. Think this one is most likely going by the 'if released' comment.

Smith is a possibility, however the year left on his contract may see him stay at Utd if they don't want to pay him off.

According to the Reunion forum - a certain ex player is coming back to Raith :lol: can't see him being as quick as he used to be

Hmm... I can't find anything online, and it really would be a fucking surprise, but I imagine old Didier still has a bit to offer. He's 34, so he won't exactly be flying down the wings, but he's not exactly geriatric.

This article (published yesterday) seems to be saying, from what I can gather through translation, that he left his current club this week, after the Chairman went a bit mental and basically sacked the entire squad, and backroom staff, so that they can use Youth players instead.

So, without wanting to throw fuel on this massive rumour fire, it looks like Didier Agathe is very much a free agent, and is still interested in playing football.

So... who knows?

Edited by Dunc

Play Agathe up front with Tade, Baird on the wing. Sorted. :ph34r:

Agathe was great for Rovers. I didn't see him when he scored a hat-trick on his debut at Airdrie, but saw the highlights on TV. My best memory of Agathe was ripping Blobby Mann up in Inverness! Those were the days. Think that was the last time we actually won there!!

It would certainly be a strange one.

Mglynn rarely ventures pass harthill for a signing. Surely we couldn't match his wage demands. Look what was needed to put the marv deal through.

Did we ever actually pay Agathe's wages ?

I thought he had a deal similar to Novo, where the agent paid the players wages and pocketted the transfer fee.

Come back Warthog! laugh.gif

If its an ex-rovers player then maybe Gareth Wardlaw, scored 19goals this season & is out of contract! Dont think his face fitted in with J.M but could be hard to overlook the chance to get a tall in-form stricker for little money. No point if he plays him on the wing tho!

If its an ex-rovers player then maybe Gareth Wardlaw, scored 19goals this season & is out of contract! Dont think his face fitted in with J.M but could be hard to overlook the chance to get a tall in-form stricker for little money. No point if he plays him on the wing tho!

Craig Dargo?

Can't see it being Walesy as much as I love that. The last player since Paquito who looked well and truely below his level before all the personal problems arose. Don't think anyone who was blessed to see the belters against Brechin or Peterhead will forget them any time soon.

Edited by rw89

Would Dargo be worth a Punt? Not exactly the target man we are crying out for, but anybody with SPL experience is fine in my book. Look at how Bert turned out, albeit him being a defender.

He's not ex-Raith but I'd be delighted if we signed Rory McAllister. I'd imagine there would be some competition for his signature however.

D-A-R-G-O returning would be heaven but it ain't going to happen; more chance of Peter Duffield starting up front next season.