The New Raith Rovers Thread

Gah, would have loved to get to Montrose and Stenny but can't stretch the funds for any preseason games! Sack McGlynn! :angry:

Mcglyn is doing gd job@ raith robers. You guys should try 2 hold out with him b4 firing him. tranmere also have a physio.manager and he doing gd job

Mcglyn is doing gd job@ raith robers. You guys should try 2 hold out with him b4 firing him. tranmere also have a physio.manager and he doing gd job

What!? :lol:

I hate to be the one to tell you but I think you will find that Lang Toun Lad's tounge was firmy placed in his cheek.

Heard a rumour (reliable in past) that Mark Campbell will not be playing next season and career is in tatters due to accident. I don't feel comfortable posting this even if true as this would be devastating to man and club.

Marv rumoured to poss have 3rd stint at club.sad.gif

Well, this was posted on Fantalk:

Looks like Sparky is going to miss the start of the season, back September at earliest, still not kicked a ball yet and not certain if he will make a full recovery, according to paper yesterday:(

I've no idea which paper this was in, though.

Well, this was posted on Fantalk:

I've no idea which paper this was in, though.

I read it in the Record. It was a full page story, and it had quotes from Sparky himself saying that he was confident of making a recovery and playing for us again in September.

I read it in the Record. It was a full page story, and it had quotes from Sparky himself saying that he was confident of making a recovery and playing for us again in September.

Aw shite, thats the worst possible news. unsure.gif

Kinda hoped he'd be ready for the start of the season.

Edited by ARoverinLeeds

Cheers.

It's a pity it looks like he's going to miss pre-season, as that can have a negative influence on performances. I'm not worried from a fitness perspective, owing to his employment.

He has been doing some pre-season training, but it said in the one of the Sunday papers (news of the world I think ) that he hasn't kicked a ball in 4 months, so just has to ease himself in. Hopefully he will get some sort of pre-season schedule behind him so he can be ready for September, which is only the 2nd month of the season guys. He could have said Christmas!

Wilson is also struggling, with an X-ray confirming his arm is still broken in 3 places, but obviously just minor now. He too is still getting through pre-season though, without any contact, but plenty of running and using the ball.

We coped without these two players throughout the end of the season without any major problems, so surely 1 month we will be ok. :D

He has been doing some pre-season training, but it said in the one of the Sunday papers (news of the world I think ) that he hasn't kicked a ball in 4 months, so just has to ease himself in. Hopefully he will get some sort of pre-season schedule behind him so he can be ready for September, which is only the 2nd month of the season guys. He could have said Christmas!

Wilson is also struggling, with an X-ray confirming his arm is still broken in 3 places, but obviously just minor now. He too is still getting through pre-season though, without any contact, but plenty of running and using the ball.

We coped without these two players throughout the end of the season without any major problems, so surely 1 month we will be ok. biggrin.gif

tho means playing murray at right back with probably hill and ellis in the middle and dyer on the left. that line up doesnt fill me with alot of confidence

Bad news. I'd take Marv back in a minute tho.

i wouldnt. Think his contribution for the tail end of the promotion winning season should be his last, his legs are pretty much gone and we cant afford his tendancy to pick up the ball and try and skin 3 players

tho means playing murray at right back with probably hill and ellis in the middle and dyer on the left. that line up doesnt fill me with alot of confidence

Wilson still has a couple of weeks before the pre season starts, hopefully he should make it. I have absolutely no problem starting Hill and Murray in the absence of Campbell, they'll cope just fine.

Starting to get a bit un nerved by the lack of movement regarding another striker, and at this moment in time I think we'll have to be content with simply not getting relegated.

Edited by renton

I'd take Marv back in a minute tho.

i wouldnt. Think his contribution for the tail end of the promotion winning season should be his last, his legs are pretty much gone and we cant afford his tendancy to pick up the ball and try and skin 3 players

He's no good as a last man defender against a speedy forward. However, with someone quick beside him as backup his defensive and attacking capabilities especially at set pieces is immense.