The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yes ,Stewart

Isn't he contracted for another year at QoS - if so that'd be a no go

Indeed he is so could be a lot of pish.Being on contract for another year does not make it a no go however,no money needs to change hands.

Edited by Mij

Mcglynn is under contract so compensation would be needed. If hearts are paying then take their money and run. Unless we went for Gus Mcpherson or Daz I cant think of a manager that could have us playing less attractive football or sidelining more of our youth players thsn McGlynn.

What are you talking about? Would you have preferred McG had played the likes of Bryce in front of Templeton, Goodwillie or Smith. Face it, a lot of those youth players were shite. It's not like they went to other clubs and shone, most of them simply dropped out of senior football. Currently there are three youth players having made the push into an established first division squad - that's a far cry from previous youth players who couldn't even get on a subs bench when we were finishing third in the second. For me then, it's more about a revamped youth system begining to put decent quality players through than McG's relucatance to play guys not up to it.

As for attractive football, do you actually bother to watch games, pretty much most of the first div teams play any better styles of football than we do, and in any case McG was pushing towards a more possession based game last year as well.

Yes ,Stewart

Indeed he is so could be a lot of pish.Being on contract for another year does not make it a no go however,no money needs to change hands.

I'd heard the Stewart one, makes sense in that he is known, available and McG has never been good at filling those CM berths particularly well - so better the devil you know I guess.

As for Smith, well I think QoS rate him so cna't see them being eager to let him tear up a contract. Particularly as he's more than proven at second div level.

I saw Graham's name being banded around on fantalk, would genuinely be surprised if a top end first division team weren't in for him. I'd be even more surprised if we were in for him, in a good sense. Pretty sure he was offered a new deal by the Pars but decided to walk away from them (their fans may be able to clarify this?).

:)

Smith is still a Hearts player though, so it'd have to be a loan deal unless they're willing to let him go.

Two people I actually forgot about in my earlier post though are Stephen Reynolds (surely not!) and Danny Thomson, who McGlynn didn't really seem to fancy.

Be very happy if we got Thomson Jnr on board as well, tho he didnt get many games you looked a very good player

Be very happy if we got Thomson Jnr on board as well, tho he didnt get many games you looked a very good player

I hope that if it's four players we get then two of them are wide players. And if it's three then we go for one wide player a CM and a winger-who-can-play-through-the-middle-if-required type player.

Honestly want to see us avoid Hammill and Alan Walker as wid eplayers this season if possible.

I hope that if it's four players we get then two of them are wide players. And if it's three then we go for one wide player a CM and a winger-who-can-play-through-the-middle-if-required type player.

Honestly want to see us avoid Hammill and Alan Walker as wid eplayers this season if possible.

If we got Thomson, Walker back on loan and even a loanee striker i would be alot happier. If we have decent service from the wide areas no reasons why our current front pairing shouldnt cause problems and score some goals. We are pretty settled in defence if we can make a couple of shrewd midfield signings confident of a finish outside the danger area

Are any of our former youths playing senior football?

The only one I can think of at the moment is Stephen Tulloch, and he pre-dates the McGlynn era.

I know McKechnie (Annan), Bryce and Wedderburn (Arbroath) were all playing professionally last season, other than that I don't think so. Don't think the latter two were renewed this season.

I know McKechnie (Annan), Bryce and Wedderburn (Arbroath) were all playing professionally last season, other than that I don't think so. Don't think the latter two were renewed this season.

Isn't Craig Malcolm at Stranraer or somewhere oh n dene shields is playing in malta with Hamrun spartans lol

Edited by MICMAC

http://www.raithrove...ohn-mcglynn.htm

Hearts officially given permission to speak to John McGlynn.

Oh well, can't say I'm surprised.

Perhaps a change in manager will do us good as I do believe McGlynn has taken us as far as we'll go with him... and hopefully McGlynn would kindly loan us all his most promising talent at Hearts!

I won't resent him if he goes, it'd be a job he'll have wanted for a long time. That said, if he does go I do think that we have a good number of options to consider from. Ideally, Paul Smith would be in contention for the job, you can also maybe say the same of Grant Murray or Laurie Ellis who have been touted by fans. Also, worth trying to get Mickey Cameron back home at Rovers if we receive enough compensation.

Well, this could be very bad news for us. Hopefully they'll be speaking to others as well...

You can't blame him if he goes - bigger club, better opportunity and he's taken us as far as he can. He deserved his move at the end of the season when we finished second, in all honesty.

The Hearts job is notoriously volatile with Romanov, but that isn't a reason for a person to turn down a job at a higher level.