The New Raith Rovers Thread

I won't resent him if he goes, it'd be a job he'll have wanted for a long time. That said, if he does go I do think that we have a good number of options to consider from. Ideally, Paul Smith would be in contention for the job, you can also maybe say the same of Grant Murray or Laurie Ellis who have been touted by fans. Also, worth trying to get Mickey Cameron back home at Rovers if we receive enough compensation.

No disrespect to Paul Smith but if McGlynn does go I'd rather we didn't go with him. Firstly, as far as i'm aware, he's only part-time and we need someone full time, especially if the new manager will have to perform the youth role that McGlynn has just started doing. Also he's not been a manager since he left Berwick Rangers in 2004 and I think he suits the role of an assistant or coach better.

I'd go for Mickey Cameron with everything we have. I wouldn't imagine he'd have any more compensation payable that McGlynn would demand and I'm sure he's still registered as a player.

Yeah, the avatar is McGlynn in his playing days at Berwick. I think HibeeJibee dug the photo out from somewhere.

Jeezo! Look at the hair!

How much compensation do you think would be involved? Surely not that much?

No disrespect to Paul Smith but if McGlynn does go I'd rather we didn't go with him. Firstly, as far as i'm aware, he's only part-time and we need someone full time, especially if the new manager will have to perform the youth role that McGlynn has just started doing. Also he's not been a manager since he left Berwick Rangers in 2004 and I think he suits the role of an assistant or coach better.

I'd go for Mickey Cameron with everything we have. I wouldn't imagine he'd have any more compensation payable that McGlynn would demand and I'm sure he's still registered as a player.

This is the problem - Hearts are skint.

I'm wondering if they can actually afford to compensate us, or if a couple of loanees for free may be their offer.

If he does go it will have a serious impact on the youth set up as McGlynn holds the qualifications to he head of youth, those people are few and far between and someone would have to be found to fill this role too