The New Raith Rovers Thread

No need for Davo. We have Callahan for backup and we need a left sided midfielder and defender instead

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Nope. We seem to be shaping up for passing football, given Davidson couldn't win a game of pass-the-parcel I'd rather do without.

Centre back, left wing, and striker are necessities. A further midfielder who could slot in anywhere in case of injuries and provide a bit of competition for places would also be nice. Whether it's a loanee down the Smith/Watt line to cover the flanks or someone like Walker or Hamill who could be thrown in anywhere I'm not too fussed. A body is needed there though I reckon.

If (and it's a big if) we are genuinely in for all these players you have to wonder where the money is coming from. I can't believe Murray is working with that sort of budget.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

If (and it's a big if) we are genuinely in for all these players you have to wonder where the money is coming from. I can't believe Murray is working with that sort of budget.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Agreed. I highly doubt Murray is in anyway convincing these kind of players to sign for us on a typical 'Rovers' budget. The board are probably thinking reconstruction is a stick on and gave Murray a bigger than usual budget.

I'll be absolutely seething if Davidson returns. My personal feelings about his ability aside, that would be a monumental step back; especially when you can see Murray is trying to build up a team capable of playing something resembling football.

Dundee also offered him a deal. What can we offer him that they can't?

Silly season indeed.

I'll be absolutely fucking devastated if we sign Iain Davidson again. I'd actually forgotten he was at Dundee, can't wait to give him dugs abuse, providing he's still there.

He was at quite a few Rovers games last season. He was in the Main Stand.

Im hoping that we arent assuming there will be reconstruction next year and are spending more as a result..

I think that its simply a case of us putting offers on the table here and now. Some of these players might get better elsewhere, but that isnt guaranteed.

We are a week or two away from having our squad already, good position to be in.

Would be delighted if it is indeed Barrowman.

Would be seething also if Davo came back. That is the past, we dont need someone to try 30 yard passes and get nowhere.

I'll be absolutely fucking devastated if we sign Iain Davidson again. I'd actually forgotten he was at Dundee, can't wait to give him dugs abuse, providing he's still there.

Why do you want give dogs abuse to ex raith players have you changed your tune from your alter ego on fan talk.

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

Agreed. I highly doubt Murray is in anyway convincing these kind of players to sign for us on a typical 'Rovers' budget. The board are probably thinking reconstruction is a stick on and gave Murray a bigger than usual budget.

Im hoping that we arent assuming there will be reconstruction next year and are spending more as a result..

I think that its simply a case of us putting offers on the table here and now. Some of these players might get better elsewhere, but that isnt guaranteed.

I would hope to god our board are not so stupid. We have overspent significantly in the recent past, we must have learnt out lesson. I think our signings party come from being quick of the mark in signing who we want (we're signing these guys early June not 1 week before the season starts, the early bird catches the worm and all that) and that there at least seems to be a hell of a lot of free agents around this summer, what with SPL clubs shedding players and reducing squad sizes, that is bound to drive player wages down somewhat.