The New Raith Rovers Thread

Incidently, it was amusing to read that Allan Walker is still struggling to adapt to Brechin after his rant in the summer about how Rovers aren't going anywhere. I'm not sure about Davidson, but Walker's was very public. Kevin Moon has been a truly phenomenal signing by Murray. He isn't afraid to get quite high up the park and get stuck into tackles. Compared to what we've had in recent years the difference in quality is unbelievable.

We actually seen Walker the other week while out for a stag do having a meal. Queue very loud conversations about how Moon is a better player than our last midfielders and when a round of clapping started Renton couldn't help but shout over "thats what applause sounds like Allan" he didn't look happy...

He was a good laugh when he was at the club but bad mouthing the club to the press was the nail in the coffin for me. If he had left without saying anything he would of been remembered for the positive aspects of his play not now tho

He scored a few of my favourite goals for Rovers. He'd often be average at best for large parts of the season but had the ability to hit in some belters. Notable ones include those against Dunfermline, Dundee at home to end their twenty-odd unbeaten run and Ross County away when he smashed in a 30 yard goal from the wing which dipped over the keeper in a December game. His final two seasons were grim times indeed. I still remember him rather tragically inviting a fan outside when we'd lost a game.

Shame that he has been badmouthing the club, but players such as him were the reason we weren't moving forward.

He scored a few of my favourite goals for Rovers. He'd often be average at best for large parts of the season but had the ability to hit in some belters. Notable ones include those against Dunfermline, Dundee at home to end their twenty-odd unbeaten run and Ross County away when he smashed in a 30 yard goal from the wing which dipped over the keeper in a December game. His final two seasons were grim times indeed. I still remember him rather tragically inviting a fan outside when we'd lost a game.

Shame that he has been badmouthing the club, but players such as him were the reason we weren't moving forward.

The reason he "bad mouthed" the club was touched on previously. He hadn't been told at that stage whether he would be offered a contract and I think was just venting his frustration at not knowing what was happening. I don't think the club handled his departure all that well either to be honest, all they needed to do was say you are out of contract and won't be offered another. I think they done that with all other players who were allowed to leave bar him who seemed to be left to work it out for himself. Neither party came out of it looking particularly good.

I'm of the opinion that it was the right time for Walker and RRFC to part company.

As mentioned above, he is responsible for moments watching the club that I'll remember all my days but he had stagnated and the replacement midfielders we've brought in are of a different calibre altogether.

It's a bit shite that he's parted on bad terms but the impression I got on the few occasions that I spoke to him is that he probably couldn't care less about the reaction his comments were going to get.

Edited by Andy C

I'm glad Walker is no longer here - he was well out of sorts the last couple of seasons. He got a few good seasons but sometimes a player just no longer has it and needs to move. Sad, but it happens, and it was time for Walker to move on.

His comments irked me, and they confirmed he was done here. I like how he slated us for having no ambition, then ended up at Brechin as it was all he could get. If there's anyone who came out of it looking foolish, It's Allan Walker.

In saying that, I am genuinely disappointed his form dropped off and it was time for him to leave. To watch a player go from one of our best to one of our worst isn't pleasant.

Edited by Michael W

Spoke to Walker a few times when the players came up to the hospitality suite. The guys a fecking knob. Typical loud mouthed daft wee tit who thinks he's the bees knees.

Like 80% of footballers then?

edit - a rough guesstimate but one I think you'll find to be in the right ballpark

Edited by pantene proV

Like 80% of footballers then?

edit - a rough guesstimate but one I think you'll find to be in the right ballpark

Very possibly. I've spoken to many Rovers players over the years and found most to be quite down to earth and humble. Walker though was on a different planet.

On a bit of a different note, because of our cup tie with Annan this weekend and playing Accies the weekend after it could be interesting to see where we are following the game at New Douglas Park. We could potentially be either ten points behind with a game in hand or a point behind with a tricky tie against Livi. Hopefully we can carry on as we've started and the fans will get back through the turnstyles.

The owner of the ground has almost paid off what he borrowed to buy the stadium, he is now in line to start making a profit. In theory, he can sell it for as much or as little as he likes. .

what utter pish.where the f**k do you get your info from?saying the owner/s of the ground which is Stark Park Properties comprising of sim,new raith rovers Ltd and mario caira have almost paid off what they borrowed and now in line to make a profit is laughable.they are nowhere near paying off the loan

if it wasnt for the likes of sim we wouldnt be playing at starks park or possibly have a team to watch

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Very rough figures, but a £1.4million loan plus interest, plus the fact Stark's Park Properties get taxed on their income from RRFC would mean the value of the loan is £2million+ so if SPP have paid that off through rent money alone since the buyout in January 2006 then we must have been paying around £20k+ per month on rent (which is about 5 times what I heard we are actually paying)

Edited by Stelios

I may be well off the mark here but i am pretty sure we are paying back mostly interest on starks park and a tiny bit of capital we ar years away from paying it off. If someone does have hard and fast figures it would be handy but from what i can recall all the ins and outs of who owns waht and how much debt there is on the ground is a complete head f**k