The New Raith Rovers Thread

Dan, do you know if its possible to get the footage of the McGurn treble save in the game where Simmons scored in the 90th minute against Ayr? Best saves I've ever seen, I doubt we'll ever see anything that good again.

I only managed to save a few videos before the old site went down, that wasn't one of them unfortunately.

I only managed to save a few videos before the old site went down, that wasn't one of them unfortunately.

Surely who ever edited the videos for the old site might have the old files lurking around on an old hard drive somewhere? Seems a shame to have all that time, effort and memory go to waste. Is there any body involved with the website, or the old one, who might know? Or know somebody who knows? Would be great to have the archive available to the fans. Particularly so we can pour ourselves over Davie's many superhuman saves.

The game is gonna have a cracking atmosphere at Easter Road, I'd imagine we could sell a good 5000 tickets if not 6000. Raging that I have to go on a 5 day field trip to the Lake District the same day to carry out work!

Surely who ever edited the videos for the old site might have the old files lurking around on an old hard drive somewhere? Seems a shame to have all that time, effort and memory go to waste. Is there any body involved with the website, or the old one, who might know? Or know somebody who knows? Would be great to have the archive available to the fans. Particularly so we can pour ourselves over Davie's many superhuman saves.

IIRC that was Jim Foy, I think he had a falling out when .net took over from .com

I remember someone posted the Ayr clip on a thread on here along the lines of 'best saves ever' alongside saves by the very best of goalkeepers and it was talked about as one of, if not the best, posted. Says it all really. McGurn is ridiculous.

His arm to a bullet strike against the Pars (can't remember the game, or the score) was spectacular too. A hundred mile an hour shot that should've snapped his wrist in two. Batted away like it wasn't even there, while the Pars fans celebrated their goal.

We won 2-1, Davie Graham with about 8 minutes left, save came from a Graham shot. Pretty sure that was the game where the pars fans outnumbered the home fans, was a brutal attendance from both sides, although it was a nothing game.

We won 2-1, Davie Graham with about 8 minutes left, save came from a Graham shot. Pretty sure that was the game where the pars fans outnumbered the home fans, was a brutal attendance from both sides, although it was a nothing game.

Pretty sure that was the game where Tade equalised and the crowd were riled up. There was a slack back pass out wide and he bolted towards it, only to get chopped down by the Pars keeper. Seething, so I was...

Or they will buy them in mass for our end.

What all these guys who live in Glasgow :rolleyes:

Only sensible option is to give us the East Stand. We can sell 6,000.

We should get half the tickets and sell them in sections returning what we don't sell only in Scotland would you get a cup final where teams think they should get more than 50%. Your average crowd means f**k all, cup finals should be at a neutral venue and tickets should be 50/50 until one team can't sell their allocation.

Great quote from OrcMedia

'Raith should be getting what they average on home attendances, no more than 2,000, sick of all these wee glory hunters attending finals when they don't go to league games, a day oot fur the toon and aw that pish, nae excuse. '

Old Firm fans accuse other teams of glory hunting thick Orcs :1eye

Edited by San Starko Rover

Pretty sure that was the game where Tade equalised and the crowd were riled up. There was a slack back pass out wide and he bolted towards it, only to get chopped down by the Pars keeper. Seething, so I was...

That's the one! Stephen Simmons got sent of crying, a good day all round ;)