The New Raith Rovers Thread

That's the one! Stephen Simmons got sent of crying, a good day all round ;)

Ach, it wasn't a patch on the first league derby. Pishing it down with rain before Grant Murray skelped in a 20 25 30 yarder for his first goal in years. Willie Gibson went all Mortal Combat on Darren Smith before a McGurn wondersave, a sweeping move up the pitch and a new cult hero in Casa. Happy days!

Ach, it wasn't a patch on the first league derby. Pishing it down with rain before Grant Murray skelped in a 20 25 30 yarder for his first goal in years. Willie Gibson went all Mortal Combat on Darren Smith before a McGurn wondersave, a sweeping move up the pitch and a new cult hero in Casa. Happy days!

Pretty sure Murray skelped it in from the halfway line* tbh. Was a derby in the league cup not a few days before that one? Dunfermline won by a mile and Raith looked woeful, the turnaround in less than a week was a nasty shock.

*Central Park

Pretty sure Murray skelped it in from the halfway line* tbh. Was a derby in the league cup not a few days before that one? Dunfermline won by a mile and Raith looked woeful.

Aye, with players you couldn't afford though. Cheats never prosper.

Having had a glance at encroachment-gate from last night's Morton game, has anyone else noticed that Joe Cardle might be the most blatant culprit for that particular crime? I don't think he's actually managed to block one yet but any time the opposition have a wide freekick he takes a running leap at it from his original ten yard position.

I love the enthusiasm!

Our record in competitive games this season;

Played 17

Won 11

Drawn 5

Lost* 1

Goals,

For 34

Against 14

And we still cant buy a crowd, come on folks.

*includes Hearts over 90 minutes.

If we were top and about 25 points clear our crowds would still be pish. Maybe.

Pretty sure Murray skelped it in from the halfway line* tbh. Was a derby in the league cup not a few days before that one? Dunfermline won by a mile and Raith looked woeful, the turnaround in less than a week was a nasty shock.

*Central Park

Yeah we were poor in the cup game but McGlynn sorted it for the Saturdsy. It wasn't pishing rain as someone said it was glorious sunshine. Great day

Their wingers had given us all kinds of grief in the cup game, so McGlynn changed the formation, putting Murray in the holding role in front of defence to try and cut off the supply. Which seemed to work although we also got the breaks on the day. Fine afternoon, that, two of the very best goals, and coming out the ground to everyone chanting 'top of the league'.

Our record in competitive games this season;

Played 17

Won 11

Drawn 5

Lost* 1

Goals,

For 34

Against 14

And we still cant buy a crowd, come on folks.

*includes Hearts over 90 minutes.

I don't live in Kirkcaldy anymore so I could be way out here but how much of an effect is the Flyers being the Elite League having on attendances?

Edited by mrpaddyx

I don't live in Kirkcaldy anymore so I could be way out here but how much of an effect is the Flyers being the Elite League having on attendances?

I have no idea, I have watched the Flyers once(got a comp) in the 80's and have had no desire to go back(Rovers man).

This comes up often. It definitely has affected our attendances. Personally I don't think massively but it definitely has