The New Raith Rovers Thread

Souness a captivating listen? When did Rovers fans become bum sooking dribblers.

His attitude on the Rangers situation was depressingly predictable but he spoke as much about his time at Spurs and Boro as his time at Rangers. Most of the chat was about playing in the great Liverpool team and his managerial career down South.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the man, however to listen to him tell first hand tales of his journey to the pinnacle of European football, to me, is captivating yes.

I would agree he's an arrogant b*****d, but so did he. Frequently.

I would've been well pissed off had the Brady and Souness chat been all Old Firm nonsense. The OF wasn't avoided but it certainly wasn't the focus of either conversation.

You'd be surprised how many people in Scottish football adhere to the 'we need a strong Rangers and Celtic' pish so no great surprise an ex-Rangers manager came out with it. Enjoyed him talking about Liverpool and would have liked to have heard more about his days with Scotland and World Cups than managing Rangers but all in all he was entertaining as was Brady. I liked the format of interviewing big stars in amongst the inductions. Was a great event all round. Very professional and fair play to Leishman and Gordon Brown for taking all the jibes in good spirits. Bill Leckie was a good host and kept things moving along nicely. Would like to see the wee video they had put on youtube, the scenes of the old ground were immense as was the video of the Connor era.

Got my tickets yesterday! Same seats as Monday night. Braw!

Ordered 3 tickets today (fingers crossed)

he came across as I expected,arrogant, a bit wanky,and a bit too serious

That's why I liked him, he is arrogant (as are many ex and current footballers), but Souness always had the playing ability to back it up.

He was always going to talk about Rangers, if you remember both he and Willie Henderson were due to appear last year, but didn't due to the nonsense that was going on.

Glad to see him out on loan.

Laidlaw, Callachan, Donaldson and especially Vaughan should all be looking to break into our first team over the coming years. Don't expect all 4 to make it but would be good to see a few make the team consistently.

Should be a good move for both Donaldson and Peterhead everytime I have seen him he's looked a decent player but maybe not quite ready for first division starting place so Peterhead could give him a decent run of games and I think he will be a decent addition to Peterhead's squad

Cheers for the info lads, not sure how long he is coming for meantime, hopefully the player & both clubs benefit from it. We are crying out for a player that can defend when required & if he can play the ball out rather than just punt it every time that would be great. Will try & update his progress once he gets a few games.

Cheers for the info lads, not sure how long he is coming for meantime, hopefully the player & both clubs benefit from it. We are crying out for a player that can defend when required & if he can play the ball out rather than just punt it every time that would be great. Will try & update his progress once he gets a few games.

Sounds like just what you need then. Didn't look miles out his depth at championship level so hopefully this is a good move all round.

Also nice that its our players being developed in the lower leagues as opposed to us developing others!

Also nice to see Grant Murray with a bit of self-depreciation when he spoke his wee bit by starting with "well first and foremost", followed by a wee smirk. I don't think anyone really got it but nice to see he knows we're onto him! :D

Haha! I notice it every time. He says "Magnificent" a lot too.

End of January initially

That's good, gives the player & the club a bit of time to see how things work out. If it works well for both & Rovers still don't think he is going to be a regular first team player this season, at that stage then a longer deal to the end of the season may be in everyone's interest. The player gets competitive game time, it bolsters our squad while we are short on numbers & hopefully Rovers get a better player back at the end of the deal = everyone's happy.