The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think that because we went for quality ( if that's what you call it ) and not quantity, there's not enough competition for places and some of the players know that even if they are shite every week they're not going to get dropped. Can't see why Murray hasn't brought in a couple of loanees to boalster the squad and give us some fresh legs for the last 15/20 mins in games especially on the flanks. Get a left sided winger and put cardle on the right for the last quarter of the game. We need to try something different. Not gonna start on the missing defence except try a 532 for a change

This is why the signing of Mullen was so inexplicable. We didn't need a right back nearly as badly as we needed a centre back or a wide midfield option but Murray signed him anyway.

Here are the statistics guys.

Laidlaw Pld 15 Conceded 20 Clean sheets 4

Robinson Pld 8 Conceded 20 Clean sheets 1

I for one cannot wait for the return of Laidlaw and get this Mackem to f**k.

:eek: That is frightening reading we could put Baird in goal and not concede that many, I had no idea his record was that bad in comparison to Laidlaw. We might as well play Laidlaw for the experience as despite some mistakes he isn't anywhere near as bad and at least he is young. Robinson doesn't inspire me with any confidence and I have seen nothing from him that merits a start (Although I wasn't in Dundee to be fair)

Murray baffles me at the moment we are desperate for a Centre Half yet he signs a Right Back and two Goal Keepers worse than our second keeper, he has no plan B when things go wrong (Normally first 5 minutes), when was the last time we scored first in the league? we have no shape and his substitutions are either like for like (changes nothing) or just plain crazy leaving on Cardle who couldn't kick his own arse or cross a ball all game and has just escaped a red card and cost us a penalty instead he takes off Anderson and Spence!!! I fear for us at the moment as we are having to rely on Cowdenbeath losing or the play offs await us.

The only place we are going is the seaside with Murray at the helm if we survive this year we have to get someone in who knows what they are doing or some real hammerings could be waiting from Hearts and The Rangers

If the Ramsdens final was not long after the Semi, I reckon we wouldn't be in this mess.

You can see the players just want to play in that game. They aren't giving a toss about the league.

I'm so pissed off with the Rovers, I actually couldn't give a toss about the cup final. How could we celebrate a potential cup win when we look like going down?

I'm so pissed off with the Rovers, I actually couldn't give a toss about the cup final. How could we celebrate a potential cup win when we look like going down?

Same here.

Lets put this in context:

It's the fucking diddy, diddy cup.

Its worthless and not one of us would've given two fucks if we'd been put out of it at the start of the fucking season. Just 'cos it's the fucking Newco does not make it any less of a dubious shitey fucking honour. Fifes Finest player of the year trophy is probably worth more and Jason Thomson didn't even bother to pick that up!

Edited by renton

It might seem a mute point but that flapper in goals has got to go. I would rather play any outfield player there instead. Laidlaw made mistakes and had bad games but he's just starting out and he has had an unsettled shite defence in front all season. Robinson is just garbage and the statistics results and performances prove it.

I'm starting to feel the same.

We probably only need one win to secure our first division status but I can't see where it will come from. Maybe sacking Murray would get a couple of decent results out of the team as a reaction. It could be our only hope.

You could argue that Robinson has had a 'better' defence in front of him, as Watson has played a few games in front of him now.

*sigh* I've said it before, but Murray's choice of keeper just seems to typify what's going wrong with us.

I'm starting to feel the same.

We probably only need one win to secure our first division status but I can't see where it will come from. Maybe sacking Murray would get a couple of decent results out of the team as a reaction. It could be our only hope.

Tbh with 6 games left you'd need 2 wins and a draw to secure it.

Robinson has actually done very little wrong in isolation. Collectively, we're just an utter shambles.

It's at the stage where changing keeper couldn't make it any worse, even if it isn't tne reason we're conceding at an alarming rate.

You could argue that Robinson has had a 'better' defence in front of him, as Watson has played a few games in front of him now.

*sigh* I've said it before, but Murray's choice of keeper just seems to typify what's going wrong with us.

How do you think he did tonight then

It might seem a mute point but that flapper in goals has got to go. I would rather play any outfield player there instead. Laidlaw made mistakes and had bad games but he's just starting out and he has had an unsettled shite defence in front all season. Robinson is just garbage and the statistics results and performances prove it.

He had a decent game tonight 2 good saves excellent distribution and assisted in the first goal

What did you think if his performance tonight ????

Laidlaw played behind a more settled defence than Robinson has, although hopefully that'll change soon.

I'd still maintain that Laidlaw has made more individual errors but the stats really are mounting up against Robinson. It's staggering.

Switching goalkeepers isn't the answer though. We need to settle the defence, not disrupt it further.