The New Raith Rovers Thread

That article was originally put up last night prior to the Hill signing. It was then replaced by the Hill signing news but it was bumped up again to promote ticket sales. Unfortunately Mr Drysdale neglected to remove the 'signing news at 11pm' bit until alerted by postings here and on Fantalk.

Roversmad and Wardy! Thanks for spending precious time in your obviously exciting lives chatting about me. A roaster eh? That's pretty clever and witty.

Anyways just wanted to clarify a few things.

1) Correct I am a Glasgow rangers fan and proud. This does not mean I cannot support raith or have an opinion about how the club is run etc.

Reality check. Most of your fans are also a fan of a bigger club first. Hence attendances being so low. Sorry fact but true. Celtic, hubs, hearts, rangers, Dundee utd...

Just for clarity I am a season ticket holder at ibrox and have been for 12 years. To save you the time I will make the jokes for you that you will predictably make -

- Sevco

- club that's 2 years old

- no history

- ramsdens final

- our sectarian fans spoil football

- you wasted money

- Craig Whyte is amazing

- raith is our local club and we support them, we aren't glory hunters...

That saved you a bit of time.

I am also a huge fan of Brora rangers based on growing up there and living there until I was 18, and have a very close emotional tie. Also like man utd and Real Madrid. Motherwell have a soft spot in my heart due to my family.

2) I like Raith based on a work colleague supporting them. This started as a distant like but he got us into Raith. I now have developed a support for raith and have attended games.

3) I have an opinion, and my source for transfers is legit. If you are jealous about a roaster having a close contact in the game then I'm sorry. Just give me credit for my source when you see things coming true (check my prediction/knowledge on FB about Bairdy resigning...info came from my source).

4) Gary Glen will happen. Trust me.

5) your voice of reasoning didn't make anyone bugger off! Don't flatter yourself. It's probably more like you posted at 11.30pm

And most of us were going to or in bed!

6) If you would like to speak to me face to face then I will be attending the open meeting tomorrow in the Raith suite. Obviously being huge, knowledgable and fantastic fans I know you will be there. Look forward to chatting.

Ok...so that's who I am and let's see what insults and petty posts you come up with to try and rubbish me. I'm sure as good, pleasant people though you prob won't be that low as to do that.

Look forward to some good intellectual chat in the coming weeks and months.

I hope this forum has good raith fans, of which there are hundreds.

Gary

Same here Raithie but apparently deal is pretty much done.

I'm hoping someone else will offer bet money or opportunity so we can be let off the hook.

Who you hoping we sign?

I've heard murmers of Danny Grainger as Booth is away back to Hibs.

We need strikers and some creativity.

In reality the best Rovers can do is get players who've flopped at other clubs and try and build them up again. Rovers are hardly a big draw.

Maybe so but the Championship next season IS a big draw. Players will want to play in this league.

Maybe so but the Championship next season IS a big draw. Players will want to play in this league.

Maybe. I would have thought that if a player is any good he'll be looking to play in the Premiership or down South. At a push he'll be wanting to play for Hibs, Hearts or Rangers. That leaves us with what's left, like Gary Glen.

Roversmad and Wardy! Thanks for spending precious time in your obviously exciting lives chatting about me. A roaster eh? That's pretty clever and witty.

1) Correct I am a Glasgow rangers fan and proud. This does not mean I cannot support raith or have an opinion about how the club is run etc.

Reality check. Most of your fans are also a fan of a bigger club first. Hence attendances being so low. Sorry fact but true. Celtic, hubs, hearts, rangers, Dundee utd...

Just for clarity I am a season ticket holder at ibrox and have been for 12 years. To save you the time I will make the jokes for you that you will predictably make -

- Sevco

- no history

- ramsdens final

- you wasted money

- Craig Whyte is amazing

I am also a huge fan of Brora rangers based on growing up there and living there until I was 18, and have a very close emotional tie. Also like man utd and Real Madrid. Motherwell have a soft spot in my heart due to my family.

2) I like Raith based on a work colleague supporting them. This started as a distant like but he got us into Raith. I now have developed a support for raith and have attended games.

3) I have an opinion, and my source for transfers is legit. If you are jealous about a roaster having a close contact in the game then I'm sorry. Just give me credit for my source when you see things coming true (check my prediction/knowledge on FB about Bairdy resigning...info came from my source).

5) your voice of reasoning didn't make anyone bugger off! Don't flatter yourself. It's probably more like you posted at 11.30pm

6) If you would like to speak to me face to face then I will be attending the open meeting tomorrow in the Raith suite. Obviously being huge, knowledgable and fantastic fans I know you will be there. Look forward to chatting.

Ok...so that's who I am and let's see what insults and petty posts you come up with to try and rubbish me. I'm sure as good, pleasant people though you prob won't be that low as to do that.

Gary

Didn't expect this to be honest but fair enough. I for one never mentioned any of the "roaster" chat. And I also stand by my voice of reasoning also. Another 30 people agreed with me as well, which Certainley speaks volumes.

I'm sorry if you felt in any way that I had criticised your opinion , I was merely giving my thoughts to the matter as to why we weren't signing up Tom, Dick and...Gary Glen straight away.

I sadly won't be at the open meeting tomorrow due to work commitments, but I'm happy to chat to fellow supporters about the club etc.

It's also great for yourself to have a source of information regarding signings. I'm not in any way jealous at all, I'll quite happily find out with the rest of the support who the club decide to bring in over the summer.

I'm glad you got that all off your chest though.

- Sevco

- no history

- ramsdens final

- you wasted money

- Craig Whyte is amazing

Gary

My team: Brora

Reality check. Most of your fans are also a fan of a bigger club first. Hence attendances being so low.

Decent post, Gary, but going on the fair amount of Rovers supporters I know or come in to contact with, I'd argue that the above line is way off the mark.

Rovers were down to their hardcore quite a bit last season. I'd bet my house on the vast majority of them not giving two hoots about any other team before the Rovers.

Edited by Andy C

Yes Rob. Brora. See my original comment.

Chose brora to avoid being randomly slated by certain idiots on this forum.

Was my explanation not clear enough?

Supports Rangers, Raith Rovers, Motherwell, Brora Rovers, Manchester United and Real Madrid

Doesn't want to be mocked

Hmm....