The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hope its MM. Id be happy for confirmation of Anderson /McGurn re-signing but i fear if this isnt a new signing my fb page will be littered with roasters agaib

From the Facebook page:

"Getting a bit cheesed off getting advanced notices for signings only to then be told its actually players resigning !!"

What's the old saying? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, and there's a good chance that I might be a feeble-minded moron."

Can I ask why Gary Glen is invoking such antipathy?

He seems like such a bland signing who wouldn't add very much to our team. He's not got a great goalscoring record, hasn't done much of late in his career (if ever in his career). Admittedly, none of our ex-forwards have done great at that level but we've just lost Baird who pretty much guarantees 10 to 15 goals a season to a team in the same division. It'd be a bit like if you went on the mid 1990s TV show changing rooms and told your neighbour to knock themselves out and do what they want decorating your house, only to come back and the whole place is beige. :unsure2:

Glen wouldn't be a particularly exciting signing, but if we are after him, I don't think it would be a disaster. He's only started 30-odd games from what I can gather, which makes his 8 goals statistic look *slightly* better.

I don't think he's played at this level at all, not even on loan, so it's hard to gauge just how effective he'd be in the Championship.

Remember, none of our better strikers of recent years, Tade, Graham or Baird were even remotely prolific at Premiership level, so as much as a *meh* signing as it might appear, it may, if it's true, work out to be a reasonable acquisition.