The New Raith Rovers Thread

Glen will be a poor signing unless Rovers can build a team around him, a la Kris Boyd. Some County fans rated him, I thought he was dreadful. Excellent finisher if the chance is presented to him, unfortunately he doesn't have the ability to create the chances himself. I'm not sure if he's lazy or has the self-awareness to acknowledge that he isn't suited to running about a lot and fashioning out chances.

Not cut out for top flight football, maybe he'll do well in the Championship. Maybe a striking partner will work well for him? He looked semi-competent alongside Wohlfarth and Slew but he never regularly appeared alongside them, which is telling IMO.

Edited by yoda

Glen will be a poor signing unless Rovers can build a team around him, a la Kris Boyd. Some County fans rated him, I thought he was dreadful. Excellent finisher if the chance is presented to him, unfortunately he doesn't have the ability to create the chances himself. I'm not sure if he's lazy or has the self-awareness to acknowledge that he isn't suited to running about a lot and fashioning out chances.

Not cut out for top flight football, maybe he'll do well in the Championship. Maybe a striking partner will work well for him? He looked semi-competent alongside Wohlfarth and Slew but he never regularly appeared alongside them, which is telling IMO.

I'm not exactly jumping for joy but oddly slightly reassure after that. We generally play good old 442, he'll be paired with Elliot mostly I guess who will probably work hard for him. If we sign the elusive attack minded creative midfielder and a good left winger then he might get the chances he needs (don't count on it). Is he good at getting himself in the right positions, a la Brian Graham? If he is he might not be a disaster. I still think we could do better.

I'm not exactly jumping for joy but oddly slightly reassure after that. We generally play good old 442, he'll be paired with Elliot mostly I guess who will probably work hard for him. If we sign the elusive attack minded creative midfielder and a good left winger then he might get the chances he needs (don't count on it). Is he good at getting himself in the right positions, a la Brian Graham? If he is he might not be a disaster. I still think we could do better.

From his three goals, two of them were brilliant poacher goals: right place at the right time. From memory, and other County posters may well have better memories than me, he was 50% good at getting in the right position, 50% being three or four yards away from where everyone wanted him to be. Unfortunately he's not big enough or strong enough to ever really trouble defenders, which is presumably why he couldn't cut it at County.

If we sign Glen and Spence then we absolutely must sign a 4th striker.

Or get ready for our inevitable relegation, f**k me. Fucking Gary fucking Glen. Why do we always sign "strikers" who don't score goals.

Or get ready for our inevitable relegation, f**k me. Fucking Gary fucking Glen. Why do we always sign "strikers" who don't score goals.

To be fair we usually sign strikers who score goals then turn them into strikers who can't score goals !!

6) If you would like to speak to me face to face then I will be attending the open meeting tomorrow in the Raith suite. Obviously being huge, knowledgable and fantastic fans I know you will be there. Look forward to chatting.

looking forward to you posting the jist of the meeting for those of us that cant attend

If we sign Glen and Spence then we absolutely must sign a 4th striker.

if we sign glen and spence we must sign A striker

Didn't read beyond this shameful paragraph. 'Reality check. Most of your fans are also a fan of a bigger club first. Hence attendances being so low. Sorry fact but true. Celtic, hubs, hearts, rangers, Dundee utd...'

Don't see anything inherently wrong with that guy's statement.

We usually average somewhere around 1500-2000 fans. Yet somehow we managed to get 7,500 for a cup semi-final. I know several folk in Kirkcaldy that support another team - usually a Premiership team, but this season they will mainly be Championship teams - who occasionally go to the Rovers. Obviously not all those additional fans will have a big team, some of them will just be lapsed and part-time Rovers fans, but a fair few of them will support a different team. We're really just talking 'how many?' and the Rangers/Raith/Brora/Madrid/Man Utd (any more?) fan is possibly getting a bit carried away with his estimation of 'most', but who knows for sure.

I was essentially a Motherwell fan without the bus fare back in the late '80s and went to the odd Rovers game when I wasn't playing football. I didn't start supporting the Rovers until about '92.

Edited by Scary Bear

I don't think everyone jumping in helped the situation but I don't know what kind of reception he was expecting with such an introduction and statement! I'd imagine there are a few Rovers' that follow bigger teams but not "most". It's not as if they can't get tickets for their "bigger" team these days.

I don't think everyone jumping in helped the situation but I don't know what kind of reception he was expecting with such an introduction and statement! I'd imagine there are a few Rovers' that follow bigger teams but not "most". It's not as if they can't get tickets for their "bigger" team these days.

Sorry, but my lass is trying to indoctrinate me into supporting Leeds United. Been to a few games, but it doesn't do anything for me. Raith Rovers through and through.

Yes but it's the 1500-2000 fans we are talking about here. Not the once every 10 year fans. To be fair it doesn't surprise me you agree with him.

Is it the 1500-2000 we're talking about here? he didn't state that. In fact he mentioned 'that's why attendances are so low', which would imply he didn't mean the usual 1500-2000. If he was meaning the 1500-2000 then he's wrong. If he was meaning the ones who turn up for the occasional big games, then he may have a point.

...still obsessed I see.

Edited by Scary Bear

Is it the 1500-2000 we're talking about here? he didn't state that. In fact he mentioned 'that's why attendances are so low', which would imply he didn't mean the usual 1500-2000. If he was meaning the 1500-2000 then he's wrong. If he was meaning the ones who turn up for the occasional big games, then he may have a point.

...still obsessed I see.

Wow. You're extremely boring.