The New Raith Rovers Thread

Below is what the man has achieved over the last 3 years and for that we must all be eternally grateful.

June 30th 2011.

Raith Rovers have announced financial losses of £162,000 for the year to June 30, 2011.

The club’s balance sheet also shows a £1.4m debt, although it stressed that £1.2m of that simply stems from “intercompany funding from our holding companies”.

June 30th 2014

The Club’s accounts for the year ended 30th June 2014 have been finalised, approved and signed off by the Auditors. The accounts show almost a 20% increase in profit for the year of £97,499 (previous year £81,350).

The Club’s Balance Sheet also continues to improve with zero bank debt and all liabilities for taxes and suppliers fully up to date at the year end. As at 30th June 2014 only loans from directors of £88,000, and inter company debts totalling £338,000 remained outstanding.

Wow ... Never realised things had turned around this much thanks to Hutton and the current board ... That really is absolutely brilliant, all of the board should be proud of that !

...mostly due to the cup runs.

No cup runs, we'd have been struggling. That said, I think the board have definitely learned lessons from the debacle of only a couple of years ago. I'm sure i recall people on here stating that we barely broke even the season we made our Scottish Cup semi-final appearance. Seriously, thank f**k for getting there!

You know what. During the last decade the club has needed a strong hand to make difficult decisions and cut its cloth accordingly. Turnbull Hutton has taken that task on and I thank him for it my team is a settled first division team now and the finances are working in the right direction.

However it has come at the cost of some poor football and lack lustre Saturday entertainment. A new board and chairman might well address this however I think/hope the club has learned it's lessons about the finances of football so don't expect anything too dramatic.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1415269600.531309.jpg

I had this one boy on facebook who moaned about Hutton, and one boy in the comments who agrees with him, but he's been the only one.

I keep telling myself that diversity is the wonder of humanity, but f**k me if it isn't hard work sometimes.

I suppose the case in point against the ambition point is that Turnbull will effectively leave his role with the club in a great position to kick on.

It's difficult to reach for the big time when your 1.4 million in debt, however fast forward three years and the club is on an even keel and generating profit, that leaves us in a great position to really kick on. Now of course there is the Murray factor but no one should let Turnbull's loyalty to Murray cloud where he has dragged this club from and to.

The whole "were not a community club" is also just clueless fodder. As well as cleverly pointing out the worlds biggest oxygen thieves, the Rovers Facebook page continually highlights some of the great work the club does around the schools and local fetes etc. There is also the community committee who put on last weeks family day.

It's baffling. Right now the football may not be what we were hoping for this season however our clubs stability could not be better and considering where we have been in the past I'm more than thankful for that.

Jason Thomson on the criticism of Grant Murray by the fans:

"Fans pay their money and can boo or cheer or do what they want. It's up to the manager to deal with that - anyone going into management will know they might come under pressure at some point".

Doesn't exactly sound like he has much sympathy for Murray.

Jason Thomson on the criticism of Grant Murray by the fans:

"Fans pay their money and can boo or cheer or do what they want. It's up to the manager to deal with that - anyone going into management will know they might come under pressure at some point".

Doesn't exactly sound like he has much sympathy for Murray.

Strange that. Not the usual players response to a manager who is under pressure.

Respect to JT, the players must realise the guff being served up even if Murray chooses to ignore it,at least publicly.

Fans will always vent their anger when things are bad, if the players give their all then not more can be asked of them. Murray has plenty to prove and isn't delivering.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1415269600.531309.jpg

I had this one boy on facebook who moaned about Hutton, and one boy in the comments who agrees with him, but he's been the only one.

Before waving farewell to Turnbull I fear that this chap has waved goodbye to his brain.

Of Thomsons quote in the Fife Free Press I read it much the same way and thought it unusual too, but also wondered if possibly the FFP were being a bit mischeivious in the editing (wouldnae be the 1st time would it?)

If that was all that was said it comes across as unsympathetic at best.

If however he said:

"Fans pay their money and can boo or cheer or do what they want. It's up to the manager to deal with that - anyone going into management will know they might come under pressure at some point, the gaffer knows that too and he'll cope".

Has a different slant to it by adding just 7 words.

Edited by Scottydog

Of Thomsons quote in the Fife Free Press I read it much the same way and thought it unusual too, but also wondered if possibly the FFP were being a bit mischeivious in the editing (wouldnae be the 1st time would it?)

If however he said:

"Fans pay their money and can boo or cheer or do what they want. It's up to the manager to deal with that - anyone going into management will know they might come under pressure at some point, the gaffer knows that too and he'll cope".

My choice of 7 words:

The gaffer will write his own epitaph.

If however he said:

Eight, but who's counting.

Does anyone have the paper copy of the FFP?

The tweet by Paul McCabe on the OS shows a photo of Ross Matthews but it looks like he's called him Adam in the text under the photo.

https://twitter.com/ffppaul/status/530289163242045440/photo/1

On a similar note, has Matt Elder been demoted for his half time blast at the Linlithgow game?