The New Raith Rovers Thread

As far as I can tell, we've only ever won three televised games - two Cup finals, and last season's semi-final win over Annan. I suppose you could argue the case the cup wins weren't over 90 minutes too. Defeats have come to clubs diverse as Queen of the South (x 2), Partick Thistle, Celtic (x 2), St Johnstone and Bayern Munich.

Don't see that record changing much. We only win the big ones.

A replay would be nice, that'd be Murray's pay-off and the new manager's salary paid in one fell swoop

"Rovers have lost on their last six visits to Ibrox since a 2-2 Scottish Premier League draw in 1994.

They have not won at the Glasgow ground since a 3-2 success in January 1960"

says the BBC.

Was the 2-2 draw at Ibrox in 94 or was it 93? Nothing like a bit of nitpicking.

Just checked Always Next Season and it was November 13th 1993.

I remember going to that game. Was my first experience of Ibrox and I was only a kid. Rangers didn't have any concession tickets for away teams as they claimed it'd been abused by Premier League teams, so I cost the same as my dad.

Also remember, for some insane reason, predicting a 2-2 draw. Standing up and signing "There's only one super Ally" when we equalised to make it 2-2 next to the home support was fantastic!

As for this game...I'll be house, beer and council tv for me, unless something dramatic happens on pitch in the next month. Can't see us selling out our allocation and don't see Rangers support being anymore than 15k given their current circumstances.

Was the 2-2 draw at Ibrox in 94 or was it 93? Nothing like a bit of nitpicking.

Just checked Always Next Season and it was November 13th 1993.

I was there, we got a very dodgy penalty, then Stevie Crawford had a great chance with a 1 on 1 to grab a winner.

I am sure Dalziel dedicated his goal to Peegee

Keep telling yourself that.

Not to have a go, but this weekend last year, Morton were five points adrift at the bottom of the league having amassed a whopping 9 points and only had two wins to their name.

We're shite, but we're not last-season's-Morton shite.

Hasn't it? One win in ten league games.

Maybe it has. I just checked the form guide and over the last 8 games we have the worst form in the league.

We've also now lost half our games. Whichever way you look at it, it's looking like another season where we'll flirt with relegation then, hopefully, pull clear in the last few games to secure safety. Point deductions for teams (Dunfermline, Livi), having part-timers (Cowden, Alloa) and teams totally falling to pieces (Morton, Airdrie) usually save us. If this good fortune moves on we will really be struggling.

Edited by Scary Bear

Our record is woeful and let's face it, things aren't going by to improve drastically any time soon. With Murray in charge seventh place will be the height of our aspirations this season. As disheartening as it is for us as supporters, the board won't be doing anything unless we look like ending up 9th. It's likely we'll lose the next two matches which then sets up a big game with Cowdenbeath at new year. Maybe if we lose that one as well the board might start to get a bit twitchy.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Maybe it has. I just checked the form guide and over the last 8 games we have the worst form in the league.

Over the past 36 games we have the worst record too. It is completely beyond belief that we stick with this manager. Fans are deserting in great numbers, we're the worst team in the league with part-time sides consistently out-performing us, and the board seem content.

We are an absolute abomination. If there's no change on Saturday against Hibs I don't see myself bothering with any games for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Paco

Lost for words at the after match interviews now... He still using excuses,

This weeks it's a dodgy penalty... And how we are still creating chances, and had all the possession.

Unfortunately grant Murray, sticking the ball in the pokey wins you games, and right now we aren't doing this

But seem to open our own net quite freely!!!

He doesn't even look worried when getting interviews, he hasn't won in ten games, knows the fans are on his case. So clearly no discussions can have taken place with the BOD, either that or he cannae have put a brave face on.

The next 3 games will properly determin where we finish this season, hibs falkirk cowdenbeath... Can we really take 3 wins? Two wins and a draw? On recent form we doomed too 3 defeats.

I've been willing to give Murray the benefit of the doubt for most of the season but I think I'm in the same boat concerning the Hibs game. If we fail to turn up and get hammered then I think that I'll start picking and choosing my games. I've already decided to watch the Falkirk game from the comfort of my own home and to give Cowdenbeath at New Year a miss. They are two games I would have definitely been at under normal circumstances and if this forms continues then it won't be long before even home games are added to the might just give a miss list. The whole mood around the club is abysmal, the relationship between fans and players pretty poor and the over negativity of some fans spirit crushing. No doubt about it, it's very little fun watching Rovers at the moment.

Edited by roverthemoon