The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sorry, I completely disagree with almost all of that.

Any any job, your continuation in a role is based on your abilities and performance in said role, measured by a number of agreed KPI's.

As football is a results driven business, I can almost guarantee that football managers are appraised on winning games and I'm pretty sure the BoD have set a KPI that is met by only winning 8 games from 36 in a calender year. If they have then we are utterly doomed.

Like I said, I dislike the sacking culture in footie - I understand how it works. And I do mean that culture, not just the even shorter-term stuff as per later in your post.

By and large I don't disagree. I think the other strongest argument for not changing manager is that we're now at a point in the season where we'd be paying two managers, possibly two management teams, for the privilege of not reaching the playoffs. We're on course for a disappointing outcome to the season, but probably not relegation - it would be.an expensive way of not making any meaningful difference.

I'm fed up too, and i've reached breaking point with his management a number of times now. But while we have an immediate hunger for entertainment and also relative success, we should have a sufficiently long term view to tolerate five more pish months. Give him til the end of the season, see how we look at full strength (thinking of Barr especially), unless we.fall into the bottom two.

*runs for cover*

BOOOOOOOO

We may well stumble over the line and finish 7th or 8th this season under Murray. This is more about how poor or part time other teams are opposed to how good we are. I disagree about timing of a manager change, I would prefer them to get in, settle in to the club and our training facilities etc before the summer. This gives them a chance to evaluate our playing staff, determine who might be offered a new contract and give them more than a few weeks to think about any new faces they want to bring in. Promotion play offs already seem beyond us but a good finish to season would bring in some extra prize money and install confidence. Bringing back a feeling of pride and unity along with feelgood factor to our support would be a seriously good thing too. The correct replacement for Murray and a wee slice of good fortune could bring all these things.

Grant Murray has also not been able to demonstrate in his time in charge that he is able to "turn things around" - slumps in form seem to be all too permanent to just be "slumps".

Also, when he was 16 months into the job and doing pretty well, did you think because things had been going well for that long then there was no chance of it going pear-shaped?

I'm actually finding it hard to like the Rovers just now, obviously I still support them and probably always will. It's like a love-hate relationship. It's just hard to engage in the team with our on field performances. Working Saturday's probably doesn't help matters.

We're certainly short of a "character" or two, which doesn't help matters. We've basically got a squad full of what John Hughes would call "guid hoanest laddies", but we're missing a badge kisser, someone who enjoys playing up to the crowd and gets people excited and involved. It's a shame, because guys like that, even when they're not the most technically gifted players, are a big part of what makes football fun.

We're certainly short of a "character" or two, which doesn't help matters. We've basically got a squad full of what John Hughes would call "guid hoanest laddies", but we're missing a badge kisser, someone who enjoys playing up to the crowd and gets people excited and involved. It's a shame, because guys like that, even when they're not the most technically gifted players, are a big part of what makes football fun.

On the money, and I kinda thought Martin Scott was gonna be that character.

http://t.co/OQdkuCT5Aj

Linlithgow Rose Community Club are auctioning a signed Rovers top to raise some funds. Not sure if you chaps are still in your period of loathing but just in case you fancy winning this thing, here is the link.

I might as well sell this while I'm at it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airwave-Gazebo-Marquee-Panels-WATERPROOF/dp/B00B195CAM/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1418850407&sr=1-2&keywords=pop+up+gazebos

It's pretty much impossible, from the stand, to judge who's best suited to be captain. And while I'm a big fan of Iain Davidson (one of the few, by the time he left (for a team in a higher division (which nobody seemed to acknowledge at the time))) you'll remember that he was our captain for a significant amount of time, before being stripped of that particular honour after going fucking mental during a Reserve game.

Davidson didn't leave for a team in a higher division - he left for a Div 1 team that were promoted by default (after his arrival) because Rangers went bust.

He was far from a leader as well - a sulky, petulant twat and a poor player to boot. I will be very unhappy if he reappears.

Edited by Michael W

Phew least we are onto page 667....

Agree about not really having a player that puts his life and soul into everything while on the park...and making sure the fans see it.

This season I have no real connection with any of our outfield players. Obviously we can always rely on McGurn for a trusty save, but none of our players this season seem particularly "likeable".

We also have a manager that doesn't seem to connect with the fans in any way. The same can be said about the board.

There isin't a chant of Murray's barmy army like we had with McGlynn.. (I'm not saying he would be the long term answer mind) I reiterated that in an earlier post.

On Saturday if we could just Nick an early goal, and put pressure on Hibs, we can bet behind the team and this would hopefully filter through to the players.

Lose the first goal though, curtains.

Davidson didn't leave for a team in a higher division - he left for a Div 1 team that were promoted by default (after his arrival) because Rangers went bust.

He was far from a leader as well - a sulky, petulant twat and a poor player to boot. I will be very unhappy if he reappears.

I have to apologise, I put that stuff in brackets almost entirely just to goad you. I'm afraid your (entirely rational) dislike of Davidson makes you very predictable!

To say one thing in Davidson's favour, I think he won the Player's Player of the Year two or three years in a row, and he wasn't exactly playing out of his skin. I've always thought that said a lot about his influence in the dressing room.

On Saturday if we could just Nick an early goal, and put pressure on Hibs, we can bet behind the team and this would hopefully filter through to the players.

Lose the first goal though, curtains.

I was thinking back through our games this season earlier and we have only opened the scoring once (in 8 home league games no less) at home this season - our first home game v Dumbarton.

It's no wonder there are rumblings of discontent as soon as we fall behind in home games.