The New Raith Rovers Thread

As miserable as everyone associated with the Rover sis probably feeling just now, for whatever reason - I have to say that Sinky cheered me up a fair bit on Saturday. I think we should move to get Sinky's alternative half time Xmas message as an annual fixture....

What has happened to the PA system? Didn't hear a word on Saturday.

I did wonder why the reception for Sinky was so muted in the South Stand, especially seen as he seemed to have been on the Christmas sherry and his comments could be described as 'inflammatory' by the SFA. Last season we had the same problem with the PA where I sit in the Main Stand, but that seems to have been fixed by the recent works.

As miserable as everyone associated with the Rover sis probably feeling just now, for whatever reason - I have to say that Sinky cheered me up a fair bit on Saturday. I think we should move to get Sinky's alternative half time Xmas message as an annual fixture....

So the speakers are working at some points in the South Stand? Speakergate 2.

So what was the jist of Sinkys message?

I was at the toilet and never heard it.

He spoke of his desire for the return of the Fife derby 'so we could get it right up they Townie b*****ds' not once but twice.

There were grown men in the toilets loosing control of their stream, uncontrolable laughter and pish everywhere.

Football is now a non contact sport, he hates the SFA for making it a non contact sport, we are playing pish "non man-like" football as opposed to his day it was men vs men and Hibs should focus on beating the Jambos as opposed to chanting "who are you" ... Unsure if i've missed anything ? Was pretty funny actually !

Edit - Like said the PA was a bit ropey, may have misheard some of it but thats what I took from it !

Edited by ADMO

Sinky at half time was hilarious although he must of been pished to suggest that defensively we 'looked better' as Hibs could of had 3 or 4 by half time. Dare I say it but he's the kind of guy we need in the dressing room to work the players up into a frenzy and go out there and play for the jersey.

Sinky at half time was hilarious although he must of been pished to suggest that defensively we 'looked better' as Hibs could of had 3 or 4 by half time. Dare I say it but he's the kind of guy we need in the dressing room to work the players up into a frenzy and go out there and play for the jersey.

Funny, this is exactly what i said to my Dad, Murray is for me to Mr Nicey Nice, when the players are a shambles he doesn't seem like he has the fire in his belly to get them told straight ... Im sure somebody like Sinky would rip them a new behind so to speak, whilst still motivating them to get out there and fight !

He didn't seem particularly keen on modern football as it's a "non-contact sport" these days. I have some sympathy with that view, as some of the fun of spectating was seeing crunching tackles. Can't see many players missing that though, especially the flair players.

He didn't seem particularly impressed with Rovers class of 2014 either. Can't really argue with that.