The New Raith Rovers Thread

There goes any dosh available for the January transfer window.

Given that almost everyone on here has been calling for the club to pay Murray off and replace him, the raith-p&b community at large would be on a pretty sticky wicket to criticise them on that front.

Content enough with this appointment. Allows Murray the final chance to adapt his thinking and strategy under the influence of a top level defender of his day. If he's prepared to listen and change it might be the making of him as a manager. If not then it's a simple enough move to replace him with Malpas I'd have thought.

Next few matches, and by that I mean 5 or 6, should give us some idea if this can work.

Given that almost everyone on here has been calling for the club to pay Murray off and replace him, the raith-p&b community at large would be on a pretty sticky wicket to criticise them on that front.

yeah but they havent,instead they have added to our non playing wage(substantially I,m guessing) and we still have murray

Really totally couldn't care less about this appointment.

It shows the Board have no balls. Are we a running a training scheme here?

If Murray needs help then it proves he isn't good enough after 3 years. Punt him.

The Board won't because it would mean that they made a mistake giving him a long contract.

If our performances and results turn round it just goes to prove how inept Murray has been.

If they don't then it's just an other waste of money.

I thought when Levein was here he put a structure in place for the whole club?

I guess giving the manager every chance to succeed means employing someone to tell him what he should be doing.

Totally underwhelmed by this. I wonder which board member pushed for this or if it was Murray's wish to get him in. What on earth does a director of football do in a club like Rovers?

Totally agree, the man is a footballing dinosaur, and from Townhill.

Might be a better option at left back than McKeown though.

Fucking boo Rovers

Pretty much told one of them to f**k off last season and is known for his old fashioned training techniques. The guy is an utter c**t of a man.

So did he or didn't he?

If he did, what did the fan do to make him resort almost telling someone to f**k off?

What does a Director of Football actually do?

A definition:

"The presence of a director of football acts as an intermediary between the manager and the board and may relieve pressure on a manager by handling aspects away from day-to-day coaching, allowing a manager to focus on on-pitch performance. The director may also help to stabilise the club – many examples exist of director stepping in as a caretaker manager on the departure of the manager. The director – often an experienced football figure – may also positively advise a less experienced manager or the board of a less well developed club."

First of hope everyone had a good Christmas.

When Murray was appointed I was pleased that we went for a young manager. I hate the cycle that clubs get in of passing around the likes of Duffy and Co.

However whilst Murray learns his trade there is of course the requirement to pick up points along the way and the lack of this has obviously seen a rise in discontent.

Whilst slightly skeptical of Directors of Football at this level I think Malpas will bring some much needed experience and more valuably another set of eyes. Will be really interesting to see how he influences both our playing style and transfer dealings.

Whilst the last month has been tough I'm still kind of rooting for both Murray and Laurie to turn it around, although I really see this as the last chance saloon. I guess this is what Eric alluded to in the Press when he spoke of doing everything to support the manager.

Here's hoping it brings us a change in fortune.