The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just imagine the reaction if it was a contract extension for Ross Perry.

Really hope it isn't a longer deal for McKay, he offers less than the two wide players we already have.

I'd be okay with Davidson coming. I agree the middle of the park isn't our worst area, but he'd improve it. He certainly wants out of Dens, and he clearly isn't in Hartley's plans.

As unlikely as it is, I'd also be happy if we were bringing in an assistant to Murray, really think it's bizarre and a hindrance that we haven't done so.

The Mcgurn deal is probably the likeliest scenario though.

Edited by McGuigan1978

Call me crazy but I'd be more than happy with Davo on loan, we have 0 players in that team who actually fight ... I thought Scott may have been that type of player but obviously Murray thinks otherwise ....

Would laugh if its a Murray sacking but obviously wont be, I did see yesterday SSN reported Sevco where recalling all loans players so it might not be a McKay extension ? .... Probably a Perry 6 Month extension knowing Murray LOL

Well, that's straight out from the leftfield. There isn't any doubt Murray needs help, but it's interesting to see we've went down this route rather than bring Malpas in as an assistant.

Of course, many will ask whether we need a director of football.

It's obvious what the thinking is, make a change to the set-up without sacking anyone, and Smith's earlier departure gave them some scope to do that - albeit he was part-time and Malpas will be costing rather more. Could be a smart move.

Or a might be a disaster. Such is football.

Hopefully that's going to be the set-up now until the end of the season at least.

Not sure what to make of that appointment. His time as Motherwell manager wasn't good but he's been part of a successful managerial team with Butcher since then. I'm a bit perplexed on the exact role of a Director of Football, especially with small clubs such as Rovers.

Well, we'll soon find out if his appointment has any noticeable difference on the playing side of things. Malpas was a terrific player, but then, Murray wasn't too shabby himself.

Whilst im 50/50 on this and hate the whole "Director Of Football" term/role, it surely cant be worse than the crap we are putting on display at the minute ? ...

For me it reads we now have someone in to learn the club from youth to reserves to first team and if/when Murray is punted, we have someone to help in a new Manager or someone to take that direct step up ... Whether or not Malpas is a suited man for that role is to be seen ....

Still, ill take it with some positivity for the time being !