The New Raith Rovers Thread

Rovers clearly worried that Rangers might go bust before we play them in the league. Rangers tickets for the game are only being sold by the Rovers.

Not sure that's necessary really. But to be fair it won't be a decision Raith took lightly. Once again, however, it's an example of a lower league team willing to sell tickets to anyone as long as they get the money for it. At least on this occasion though it's tickets for the away end. :)

But, as I say, I don't think Raith wouldn't have received the money from Rangers. Nor do I think Raith have done this simply to antagonise Rangers.

I doubt Rangers fans are really that bothered by it, purely a way for the Record to sell papers or get clicks.

If you sell it as a "clubs at war" type scenario then it goes without saying that it'll generate more interest than a headline along the lines of, "Raith Use Common Sense And Everyone Is Fine With It."

I have to say I completely agree with this move by the club. We've had it done to us in the past when teams with financial issues keep hold of the ticket money and given the state of Rangers at present I don't think we really had any choice. I really don't see them going into admin or anything by the time of the game but we have to protect ourselves here.

Don't Rangers charge other clubs a fee for selling away tickets through their own ticket office? At any rate they started doing so in the SPL a few years back and some of the clubs started selling them direct as we're doing now.