The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don't know about their game against Dumbarton today, but there were mitigating circumstances when they stuck five past us.

I'm not buying that. Perry went off after two minutes. Normally getting a player sent off after two minutes would be a bad thing but not in that case.

Anyway, why can't we do that?

I'm not buying that. Perry went off after two minutes. Normally getting a player sent off after two minutes would be a bad thing but not in that case.

Anyway, why can't we do that?

We don't have a proper striker. I'd like to think that if Stewart had tucked away that glaring chance at 2-0 last week I think we would have stuck in another couple without much problem. I can clearly see why Dumbarton were royally pumped again today. They Looked hopeless for large spells against us.

We don't have a proper striker. I'd like to think that if Stewart had tucked away that glaring chance at 2-0 last week I think we would have stuck in another couple without much problem. I can clearly see why Dumbarton were royally pumped again today. They Looked hopeless for large spells against us.

Yeah that sort of score was on the cards last week. We couldn't finish them off and they gained a bit of belief, we got nervous and only just scraped through. It's the Rovers way.

Look at our goals for and goals against totals:

Both place us 3rd bottom in this division.

It's just not good enough.

Its our home form that is killing us only won 3 in 10 and conceded 24 goals to 13 scored, we need to turn that around but we are seriously lacking in a goal scorer.

I don't think a 'goalscorer' e.g. a poacher would really be much use. A lack of creativity through the middle of the park, which has been Martin Scott's job recently, means the strikers have to do their own work - Elliot setting up Anderson against Dumbarton, Stewart setting up Nade at Cowden, etc.

Stewart missed a great chance against Dumbarton (assisted by Scott, to be fair) but that apart the forwards haven't exactly been missing barrel-loads. A striker in the mould of John Baird would've really helped, in all honesty, someone who isn't only capable of making space for his strike partner, but can also take advantage of space created elsewhere. Still can't understand why he wasn't number one priority.

Still, could be worse. Remember when Scott was playing up front? :lol:

Edited by Paco