The New Raith Rovers Thread

Dennis did very well for us too. Crawford, Dair, and Robbie Raeside, were others. Where did we get Sinky from?

I agree they all did very well for us. the pint is that not a SINGLE ONE were a product of our youth system. Thie myth.

Crawford signed from Dunfermline

Dair after being released by Hibs

Raeside moved here from South Africa if my memory is correct

Sinky came from the Juniors, I thought Lochgelly Albert

Dennis came from Lochgelly Albert

We were most successful when picking up young players on frees when we had decent scouts. Of course football is very different now. Having said that there are some gems still in the juniors. There is a young left footed striker/winger looking very impressive at Rosyth. I don't know his full name but I assume his first name is Thomas. He gets called Tam in every game I have seen. Scored a load of goals this season.

Surely some of these guys could be a worth a punt on the cheap.

Cooke was Edinburgh uni and Dunbar was Newtongrange Star

knew they were with Edinburgh sides. Had that many of them that looked good at that level but never really made an impact on the 1st team. In his time at the Rovers I only saw Dunbar have one decent game. Lord knows why he kept playing him!

knew they were with Edinburgh sides. Had that many of them that looked good at that level but never really made an impact on the 1st team. In his time at the Rovers I only saw Dunbar have one decent game. Lord knows why he kept playing him!

I don't recall Dunbar playing much at all, which is part of why he decided to jack it in and head back to the Juniors.

Had to laugh at FanTalk there. The boy Tam, who constantly slates the management team/midfielders/defence/strikers/tea ladies has come up with the solution to our goal scoring troubles - Derek Riordan. The man who couldn't get a game for Alloa and is now a free agent is the one we need to bring in to cure what ails us.

What a time to be alive.

I agree they all did very well for us. the pint is that not a SINGLE ONE were a product of our youth system. Thie myth.

Crawford signed from Dunfermline

Dair after being released by Hibs

Raeside moved here from South Africa if my memory is correct

Sinky came from the Juniors, I thought Lochgelly Albert

Dennis came from Lochgelly Albert

We were most successful when picking up young players on frees when we had decent scouts. Of course football is very different now. Having said that there are some gems still in the juniors. There is a young left footed striker/winger looking very impressive at Rosyth. I don't know his full name but I assume his first name is Thomas. He gets called Tam in every game I have seen. Scored a load of goals this season.

Surely some of these guys could be a worth a punt on the cheap.

From memory, we didn't have much of a youth system back in those days. For example, Raeside and Cameron both played in the same u-18 league as me. Cameron was with Glenrothes Strollers, can't remember which team Raeside was with, might have also been Strollers.

Did Dennis come from Lochgelly Albert? I recall we used to sign young players and then put them out to junior clubs. I recall this happening to Mickey at one stage as well as with Dennis.

The main point is, we were bringing our own youth players through, whether they had come through an official youth system or not.

Had to laugh at FanTalk there. The boy Tam, who constantly slates the management team/midfielders/defence/strikers/tea ladies has come up with the solution to our goal scoring troubles - Derek Riordan. The man who couldn't get a game for Alloa and is now a free agent is the one we need to bring in to cure what ails us.

What a time to be alive.

I don't know he might be right, Derek Riordan might make a good tea lady and suggest a striker to us

What a time to be alive.

How very dare you Sir, there some real experts over on FT, doncha know!!

RIORDAN... :lol: :lol: :lol: Aye he is the kinda "striker"we need, right enough, Raith would certainly be in the headlines more!

Edited by Wee Sandy

Yeah, Cook went travelling, then came back and had spells at, I think, Brechin and East Fife. Don't know where he is now.

Dunlop was on a two year contract, and although he'd long since left the club, he was advertised as being available for transfer during the summer in the middle of it, which would suggest he was still officially contracted, though I've no idea if we had to pay him. He ended up back at Newtongrange, for whom I saw him get sent off for diving a season or two back.

Dunlop was the one major failure of the otherwise very good policy of giving out two year contracts in the McGlynn era.