The New Raith Rovers Thread

Surely the gate money from the cup final must've contributed to our profit? We must've banked £100k from our share of the gate?

We got £82K plus a share of the gate for the St Johnstone game, the 82K was TV money for it being The Scottish Cup.

The Alba TV money is nowhere near that and is pooled across the SPFL, the Ramsdens only gave us shits and giggles.

We got £82K plus a share of the gate for the St Johnstone game, the 82K was TV money for it being The Scottish Cup. The Alba TV money is nowhere near that and is pooled across the SPFL, the Ramsdens only gave us shits and giggles.

How much were the tickets for the Ramsdens Cup Final? From memory they were £20 and Easter Road holds 20,000. Surely half that crowd beats £82k and half of a 3000 crowd?

How much were the tickets for the Ramsdens Cup Final? From memory they were £20 and Easter Road holds 20,000. Surely half that crowd beats £82k and half of a 3000 crowd?

You'll need to argue that with ED and AY, their words not mine.

Maybe we offered a sizeable win bonus and they are deducting the cost of that from the money we made. Otherwise it does seem a bit strange.

Maybe we offered a sizeable win bonus and they are deducting the cost of that from the money we made. Otherwise it does seem a bit strange.

I would love to think on the morning of the final Turnbull walked into the dressing room and told the players "Right boys, beat these cuts and you'll get every last penny we make out of this as your win bonus..."

I seem to vaguely remember that, even at the time, there was some indication that it wouldn't be as straightforward as us receiving half the cup final gate money. From the total capacity were there not a portion of tickets to be deducted for sponsors, hospitality etc? Were policing and stewarding costs not also deducted from the gate money? Given the high numbers of both police and and stewards at the game, and outside the ground, this wouldn't have been a small expense.

At last night's meeting, there was mention of televised cup ties being exempt from "pooled" TV money that went in the prize total pot, at the end of the season. However, if anything was received from BBC Alba (which it may not have been - sorry I can't remember if this was specified) for showing the game, it was probably buttons.

By the time expenses and win bonuses are factored in, it's not a great stretch to imagine that there was little money, of note, left over from the a Ramsdens Cup final.

I find it astounding that we could win a cup, playing the final against Rangers at a full Easter Road, and make virtually no money from it.

Further highlights how useless those in charge of the game in Scotland are.

Us and Dundee United received less than 30% of the total income from last seasons Final, and it took us six months to actually get the money. Its a complete sham as it seems the SFA took the highest percentage, which just doesn't seem right.

I find it astounding that we could win a cup, playing the final against Rangers at a full Easter Road, and make virtually no money from it.

Further highlights how useless those in charge of the game in Scotland are.

Really? The league cup seems irrelevant to many so how do you think the challenge cup will be viewed? I doubt sponsors will be clambering all over it. It's not really a surprise and its not really anyone's fault. Far bigger issues in the game than worrying about the challenge cup prize money.

Really? The league cup seems irrelevant to many so how do you think the challenge cup will be viewed? I doubt sponsors will be clambering all over it. It's not really a surprise and its not really anyone's fault. Far bigger issues in the game than worrying about the challenge cup prize money.

You serious?

Fair enough I can see how the early rounds are pretty break even but you reckon winning the final in front of 20,000 fans paying £20 a ticket, live on TV and there being no net financial reward is acceptable? Gate money alone would've been circa £400k.

Whilst I wouldn't be expecting us to make a fortune off the game, to win a cup and not make ANYTHING I find incredible.