The New Raith Rovers Thread

I thought trained at Kinross with Wayne and the other keepers mid week?

I'd be disappointed if he went after us sticking by him through his injury (the least we could do) but I think he seems to have a grudge against Morton

I'd be disappointed if he went after us sticking by him through his injury (the least we could do) but I think he seems to have a grudge against Morton

There was an article recently where he said he trained with Queen's Park under Gus MacPherson and only saw his team mates and coaching staff on match day. Given his performances however it clearly works for all so I hope Murray doesn't have any ideas about getting shot in the summer just because he is P/T.

I think he's more than repaid that particularly loyalty with his performances this season, not to mention that he'd earned it with his years of service previously.

If I was in charge of offering contracts, I'd be offering the first one to Davie McGurn. However, I can understand why he might want to play for a side closer to home, and I can absolutely understand why a manager might want to see his goalkeeper more than on match days. Presumably it was that particular issue that led to the infamous Andy McNeil episode under John McGlynn.

I don't think there's any question that Kevin Cuthbert was supposed to be our number one this season. If Grant Murray is interested in Kyle Letheren, as is rumoured, then that probably signals to Dave McGurn that he's once again going to have serious competition from another full time keeper, whether it's Letheren or Cuthbert. Even if he does start the season in goal, he could easily lose the jersey and spend nine months of Saturdays travelling through just to sit on the bench. As a player of his age, who's never going to grace the Premiership under any circumstances, he might feel it's the time to cut his travelling time and get a guaranteed starting place elsewhere.

I sincerely hope he doesn't leave. He's been astonishingly good for us, and I'd dearly love to see him reach a testimonial season, but it might be that we've reached a time when he feels it's time to move on, and we can revert to an entirely full time set up.

If it made a difference to him staying i'd be happy for the club to pay McGurn full time wages whilst still being a part timer. A good keeper is worth his weight in gold and we could do without the likes of a McNeil or Fahey in goals.

I never knew he was that ill. I knew he wanted more time at home but it's a bit of a surprise.

The man will and rightly so be remembered for taking Scottish football by the balls over the whole rangers circus.

RIP

On behalf of everyone at ParsTV, I'd like to send our sincerest condolences to the Raith Rovers Family at this sad time, as well as to Turnbull's family and friends. RIP Turnbull, thank you for standing up for Scottish football back in 2012. Today, we are all Turnbull Hutton :(