The New Raith Rovers Thread

The work he did for the Rovers, as is often the case, was very underrated. A great servant to the club, every lower-league side in the country has someone like him without whom the club would be in a far worse place. Outspoken certainly but then I didn't mind that, even if I didn't always agree with his views he at least had the balls to justify decisions and explain his reasons.

And then of course there was the Rangers thing which genuinely helped save Scottish football as we know it. I exchanged a few emails with him at the time and I always remember him saying "we'll play in the Juniors before we let the SFA put Rangers in our league". A man of real honour and I'm sure the club will honour him appropriately on Wednesday night against Cowdenbeath.

RIP Turnbull Hutton. He was an eloquent voice against the, sadly endemic, notion that Scottish football revolves around Glasgow's gruesome twosome. So many Scottish clubs were happy to live off the crumbs from the Old Firm's table, including, shamefully, my own (Queen of the South), whose vote in favour of fast tracking Sevco into the second top tier of Scottish football will go down in the annals of infamy.

A big loss. Loved him for steadying the ship so effectively at our club. Adored him for his stance on the whole Rangers nonsense. RIP

RIP Indeed, Could not agree more with the above statement. He did so much for us. He Will be sadly missed. Nice to see other club supporters on here. Thank you all

RIP Turnbull Hutton. He was an eloquent voice against the, sadly endemic, notion that Scottish football revolves around Glasgow's gruesome twosome. So many Scottish clubs were happy to live off the crumbs from the Old Firm's table, including, shamefully, my own (Queen of the South), whose vote in favour of fast tracking Sevco into the second top tier of Scottish football will go down in the annals of infamy.

Yes, precisely this.

An eloquent diddy voice when one was badly needed.

It's Raith Rovers good fortune that he was theirs.

Scottish football has lost another great man. Honest men with true integrity are rare commodities in life, even more so in football. Rest in peace T.H. and thank you, you will not be forgotten.

Turnbull Hutton had more balls than half the football chairmen ever had. He will be remembered as the man who stuck up against the establishment and put the Scottish game first before anything else.

R.I.P.

Edited by Addie