The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sorry folks, I've been out of touch for a few weeks - can someone fill me in on what the "McGurn issue" is about? Last I heard just before I went away there were rumours about him going to Morton. And I see Cuthbert is now playing - what's happened?

And that could also have happened if we retained him.

Pleasantly surprised to log on and see the board have taken some action. There are plenty candidates out there although some are with clubs just now. What about Young at Albion Rovers? Aitken is also a good shout if Stranraer don't come up. Gary Bollan as well.

Maybe even Allan Johnston?

Anyway, good luck to Murray in the future.

I am not sure who we could employ that would have us playing worse than Murray. The football was awful. Results were poor to average overall.

Get a decent manager we might attract better players.

Yup, maybe but in 3 years Murray never seriously had us bothering the bottom of the table. Stranded in mid table might be shite, but it's better than getting relegated.

Sorry folks, I've been out of touch for a few weeks - can someone fill me in on what the "McGurn issue" is about? Last I heard just before I went away there were rumours about him going to Morton. And I see Cuthbert is now playing - what's happened?

Wants to stay,hasn't been spoken to. Persistent rumours of the team going totally full time next year.

The McGurn issue is that he was dropped for Cuthbert and as of yet the club hasn't spoken to him about a new deal. It's pretty much universally agreed that we should have offered him one by now along with Barr and Callachan.

You can buy a season ticket already? how much? dumbarton seem to be waiting until the teams are confirmed for next season

Rovers have been offering an early bird season ticket for the last few years. I fell for it myself by buying one early during the season we were challenging for promotion to the SPL...... that didn't work out too well.

Feeling pretty gutted for Murray now that it's happened. From the outside looking it looks like a bizarre decision but he's lost the crowd and there was no sign of him getting it back. Next season would have been a shitfest from the off with most of the crowd willing him to fail. At least now we get the chance of a fresh start.

Hopefully everyone who was moaning about Murray and threatening not to renew their season tickets or to stay away will get their arse down to Stark's Park and invest their money in a season ticket to back the club and new manager with money to build a decent squad. There's no excuse not to now as the board has done what you wanted. And when the season starts hopefully the home crowd will try getting behind the team rather than berating folk for mistakes.

Can't say I'm that inspired by the list of usual names being punted about. Mostly has beens or unproven.

unfortunately the sacking of Murray will not have myself and probably many others from getting their arses down to Starks park to renew their season tickets,the rise of £110 will

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Not before time. I do hope Bert finds another job in football but it shouldnt be as a manager, he's clueless. Some are saying he kept us in the division but I'd rather have a team worth watching in a lower league than the painful incompetence we've had under Murray. I remember the quality of football we played when we had Calderon, in particular. I'd have liked Butcher back but hes gone to Wales (we probably cant afford him now anyway). I agree with the comments that Adams or Pressley could be good choices, regardless of what comes out of their mouths. But please, not Ellis - we need to new start with a clean slate..

He's cut from the same cloth as the likes of McGlynn in most ways. What a would describe as a cancer in Scottish football

Totally 100% arse-over-tit wrong. Scottish football needs far more people like Murray and McGlynn rather than the shouty seargeant-major types of whom there are still too many in the game.

Totally 100% arse-over-tit wrong. Scottish football needs far more people like Murray and McGlynn rather than the shouty seargeant-major types of whom there are still too many in the game.

I'm not fussed if the new manager is shouty or quiet. I just want to enjoy going to Stark's Park again.

I'd like to see Deek Adams think he would work a system that would get us goals.

Jim Jeffries as an outsider, always seems to find half decent players when on a budget would prob still attract good names to the club, I can see him working with Malpas if Malpas is still at the club. But think Jeffries is retired for good

Still think Mikey needs a couple of years before taking up Starks

I'd like to see Deek Adams think he would work a system that would get us goals.

Jim Jeffries as an outsider, always seems to find half decent players when on a budget would prob still attract good names to the club, I can see him working with Malpas if Malpas is still at the club. But think Jeffries is retired for good

Still think Mikey needs a couple of years before taking up Starks

Two things: if you didn't like Murray's style as manager, you'd be unlikely to take to Jefferries, the man who taught McgLynn, who taught Murray. Second, in his last job Jefferries got the Pars relegated twice in a row and then failed to get them out of league 1 in two attempts.

He'd make Murray look like Mourinho.

Not before time. I do hope Bert finds another job in football but it shouldnt be as a manager, he's clueless. Some are saying he kept us in the division but I'd rather have a team worth watching in a lower league than the painful incompetence we've had under Murray. I remember the quality of football we played when we had Calderon, in particular. I'd have liked Butcher back but hes gone to Wales (we probably cant afford him now anyway). I agree with the comments that Adams or Pressley could be good choices, regardless of what comes out of their mouths. But please, not Ellis - we need to new start with a clean slate..

I wouldn't be so flippant about life in league 1, given how painful it was to get out of there last time, and what a drain it is on the club's infrastructure.

The club has pulled itself into a decent position now, but it's still fragile. Relegation would send us back years again.

As for Calderón, great football (though I mind plenty of screaming about his "tippy tappy pish") but a bunch of mercenaries on six month contracts is hardly sutainable.