The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sorry I don't understand the training bit. First part of your sentence ....full time players train with part time players on Tues & Thurs evening? Murray scrapped the evening training?

Yes, see you do understand.

It's Dave's run to the second save that gets me, fucking glorious.

I dunno, lying prone to one side when Bowey hits it, and then leaps the other way somehow while bowey spins off celebrating? Immense.

Of course. Kudos to Stephen Simmons for that heart breaking header at the end...

Splendid news, this, I was disappointed about Murray's sacking but this is a boost.

(I hope it's not true that the McGurn thing was part of the issue with Murray, but I can see why it looks a bit suspicious.)

gSNv.gif

:wub:

Awesome. I think I might love the save against Dunfermline even more, while Smith and Casa ran up the other end to score even as the Pars were claiming the ball was over the line. (Is there a gif of that one?)

Of course. Kudos to Stephen Simmons for that heart breaking header at the end...

Yup, those saves and Simmons' header got us an undeserved point that was a turning point for both clubs, as I remember it. Ayr had come into the game in reasonable form but collapsed after it.

Davie's save against East Fife for me. The best save I have ever seen, I know it was offside but he didn't know that and to get the ball away from the striker was still one of the most (How the f**k did he do that?!?!?) moments I've ever had at the football.

Edited by Dazzle

Davie's save against East Fife for me. The best save I have ever seen, I know it was offside but he didn't know that and to get the ball away from the striker was still one of the most (How the f**k did he do that?!?!?) moments I've ever had at the football.

Totally forgot about that. That was indeed epic. All hail The Witch.

Right my c.v. is in. 1. Have studied under Farm,Connor,Nicoll,and Mcglyn.

2. I love the witch and want to have his babbies.

3. Would enjoy meetings with the fans to discuss football as long as they are buying.

4. I am an ex-army Sergeant - no proplems with dicipline in the team.

5. Can read the game and other adult mags.

6. Can bring on subs before 80 mins played.

7 Have diploma for motivation and have my own taser (cops just kidding)

8. When do I start?

I want to financially back the club in some way or another but as I work almost every Saturday I can't really justify spending the £220 on a seasons brief. Might have to go and buy a shit load of end of season stock from the club shop or something.

I want to financially back the club in some way or another but as I work almost every Saturday I can't really justify spending the £220 on a seasons brief. Might have to go and buy a shit load of end of season stock from the club shop or something.

Shares or sponser a player. Give the cash to me and I will go in your stead.

Edited by rrfsee

Absolutely brilliant news. Definitely be heading along today to renew the season ticket. :thumsup2

ETA Quote from Eric on Fantalk this morning:

I have to say that Davie has been an absolute pleasure to do business with, and he and I had a great chat last night at Gleneagles before he signed on the dotted line. He has certainly given me personally much food for thought in terms of key attributes of managerial candidates.

Edited by Beachbum

:lol: Nutmegging their player by palming it through their legs during a save. It was ridiculous.

I wasn't there for it, but the save he made in the second game against QotS in McGlynn's final season was insane. A Queen's fan recorded it and he palmed it away despite being miles off. I sadly don't think the footage is available other than the one on the Rovers site which is partially blocked by players.

Sorry I don't understand the training bit. First part of your sentence ....full time players train with part time players on Tues & Thurs evening? Murray scrapped the evening training?

Yes, see you do understand.

I've never known full time players to train with part timers at night. Why would that happen especially if there are only two part time players and full timers have all day to train/ coach? Sorry I am genuinely still confused.

I've never known full time players to train with part timers at night. Why would that happen especially if there are only two part time players and full timers have all day to train/ coach? Sorry I am genuinely still confused.

Do you know lots of players too then?

It's not that difficult a concept to understand, we used to have a lot more than two part timers in our squad.

Its the saves he hasn't made I'm thinking about. I'm on about the 2010-11 season when he was dropped for the 2nd half of the season in favour of Andy McNeil. I'm sure we would have had a better chance of going up if McGurn had been in goals for those games.