The New Raith Rovers Thread

I know St Mirren are a better prospect than us but I can't help feel if McKinnon really wanted to come to us he'd accept the offer rather than piss us about while he sees what St Mirren have to offer.

To be fair, no one actually wants to come to Raith. we are and always will be, a stepping stone for folk.

How do we all feel if it is McKinnon ? Admittedly I don't really know much about his managerial style or time at Brechin, but it appears 4th in the League below us is his highest finish ? Understandable a FT squad you can do more than a PT one, but I still say I don't see why we sacked Murray if we are going for another unknown gamble !

Don't get me wrong, obviously I'll be behind anyone who comes in, but I was still hoping for Adams or Lennon ... Or Klopp, whoever fancied it most !

I think what people are failing to grasp is that there was no way back for Murray.

Murray lost the fans. The club needed season books. A lot of people were refusing to buy season tickets unless he was sacked.

At the end of the day, it's the supporters that hold all the aces with regard to football clubs. We are the biggest contribution of money. If we don't pay up, there's no club. Obviously the board don't need to listen and carry on, but it was us that forced their hand to get rid of him.

Who ever the new manager is, I hope he can build a good squad, who play decent, attractive football. If he doesn't, then yes we can have the old "better the devil you know" quotes will get branded about.

But that "devil" made us eyebleedingly pish to watch, with some comical defending (particularly at set-pieces). No invention of tactical awareness, and unable to really change what he saw in front of him when it was going against us. The squad we had this season should really have made a better go at the play-offs than what transpired. I don't care what anyone says.

The new manager better get that play-off spot at the first time of asking, or we may find ourselves in the exactly the same scenario next season... :lol:

What a pathetic attempt to dig up shit. And it's Lochee nugget boy.

Nah he's right enough, Ray was at Lochore twice. I saw him walking around the meadies, I even clapped his dug ;-)

I wonder if his attitude to home grown players is a major factor or his style of football? Either had to be a major positive

more likely to do with malpas

OK, maybe I shouldn't have called you nugget boy. How about Jim - would that do?

it would if that was my name

Murray had lost the fans and I guess the board were probably concerned about poor season ticket sales so felt they had to get rid of him.

For me he was an average manager and, from the outside, it probably looked like he did a good job, like Lennon at St Mirren but, ultimately fans vote with their season ticket cash. For every Jose Mourinho though, there's a John Potter so we could definitely have done worse.

Since he was sacked the club has resigned McGurn and seem to be trying to get McKinnon, who seems to have Brechin playing good football. They are basically giving the fans everything they say they want so if we start booing after ten minutes when we concede after trying to pass the ball out of defence, hell mend us.

At least, after a short, but pish, playing spell with us he'll have the useful attribute of experience of being booed at Stark's.

McKinnon scored a beautiful goal along at Ochilview. In off he bar from about 35 yards. All I recall of his tenure.

On another note, I'd love Cardle back at the club. About 10 goals and 15 assists for us, wasn't all that bad. Could have been more, granted. But we shouldn't be turning our noses up at players like him.

I'm not fussed who we get. We seem to be stuck with rummaging about in the diddy leagues for diddy club managers. Just pick one and let's get on with it.

You don't fucking deserve McKinnon.

I hope he chooses St Mirren. Big club for him !

Edited by theoriginalhedge