The New Raith Rovers Thread

I still stick to my original post, If we are going for some inexperienced "gamble" then we would have just been better sticking with Murray ...

The club seems settled now & we have achieved the same position year after year after year ... My hope was the new board would have a new ambition (surely the play offs at least ?) and appoint someone with a bit of experience and that vision to get us there ...

Absolute pointless sacking 1 manager who was an unknown to appoint another who has done bugger all in his place in my opinion ! Still, all rumors and random chit chat at the minute, but I suppose that's part of the excitement :P ! ...

Regarding Nade above, he can go if he wants ... I would be much happier with Stewart/Vaughan as our starting pair next season !

Edited by ADMO

I would be happy if he left, no doubt on a reasonable wage and I'd rather he and Elliott left and we kept Vaughan and Stewart and brought in someone new.

Totally agree. Yes he had an injury or 2 but 6 goals return during the season is nothing I'd lose sleep about. He is a character but wages could be spent on a more effective striker who in turn could help the team play less of a direct and long ball game.

Cracking against Hibs, but rarely did much against anyone else. That might largely be down to the style we've been playing where we'd hump it long to him. As others have said, I'd not be too gutted if Nade went elsewhere given how fruitful our partnership of Stewart and Vaughan was looking.

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/managers-corner.aspx

Reading this i would take from it that Danny appears to be committed to Alloa for next season, i have no reason to disbelieve he was interviewed for Raith Job but him taking the post could have been dependant on Alloa not making it through the play offs, thus beating Forfar may have changed everything.

Oh Big Nade, we hardly knew you. He gave us some great moments. Good luck to him if he gets a move to Accies.

Have to agree with this re. Nade,

On the manager side, i thought there was some notion that the Board were to make a decision yesterday?

Concerning all this talk about Naysmith, as has been mentioned elsewhere, by an East Fife fan, Naysmith took over at EF when they had a 10 point lead ahead of the bottom spot but nonetheless contrived to manage their relegation!!

I really hope this is a red herring about him. I think it will now be ahhhhhhhhh...........gonnae no' be Naysmith... :shutup:shutup

Edited by Wee Sandy

Mixed on Nade. In terms of performance over the whole season you could argue he won't be a great loss but he's one of the few Rovers players who I look forward to watching. There was always a bit of a buzz when he came on as a sub. Would be sad to see him go