The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not even fussed about Stewart staying either tbh. Vaughan is only striker I'd be happy with seeing in a Jersey next season

Stewart and Vaughan seemed to be developing a good partnership towards the end of the season. I'd keep both. Until they were paired up and worked I'd have got rid of Stewart too. Now I'd rather persevere and see if we can make them into a first choice pairing.

Stewart and Vaughan seemed to be developing a good partnership towards the end of the season. I'd keep both. Until they were paired up and worked I'd have got rid of Stewart too. Now I'd rather persevere and see if we can make them into a first choice pairing.

IIRC they each scored in at least five games that they played together.

Not even sure why anyone would suggest getting rid of Stewart would be ok, either crazy or drunk IMO ! ... That partnership with Vaughan was probably the most exciting thing to come out of last season ... Its not just the goals, the passing & movement of the team as a whole was much better ...

Just look at Stewarts goal Vs Dumbarton as an example, great midfield splitting pass by Callachan, phenomenal turn by Vaughan, perfect through ball and a toe poke finish by Stewart ... Beats a big punt up the park any day !

I see St Mirren are conducting interviews tomorrow with Adams and Murray (Ian not Grant) both apparently on shortlist.

I wonder if the fact their relegation and vacancy happened about the same time as ours impacted on the list and level of candidates we had to choose from? Whilst I can see Adams has divided opinion on here if there is a chance he can get the St Mirren job over ours I would find it difficult to accept that he would come to us.

I just hope we don't go for a cheap option from the lower leagues. The names mentioned so far have hardly set the lower leagues on fire!

If Adams is away to St Mirren, I'd suggest Cleland would probably be my favoured choice. That or Aitken from Stranraer.

It's hardly an inspiring list, but what can you do?

It was never likely to be.

I see St Mirren are conducting interviews tomorrow with Adams and Murray (Ian not Grant) both apparently on shortlist.

I wonder if the fact their relegation and vacancy happened about the same time as ours impacted on the list and level of candidates we had to choose from? Whilst I can see Adams has divided opinion on here if there is a chance he can get the St Mirren job over ours I would find it difficult to accept that he would come to us.

I just hope we don't go for a cheap option from the lower leagues. The names mentioned so far have hardly set the lower leagues on fire!

That seemed inevitable from the get go, the leagues were hardly awash with fantastic out of work managers happy to work for the money we (probably) are offering. As you say, one or two of the more established names may have lowered themselves but the attraction of the Midden job will have taken them out of the running.

That seemed inevitable from the get go, the leagues were hardly awash with fantastic out of work managers happy to work for the money we (probably) are offering. As you say, one or two of the more established names may have lowered themselves but the attraction of the Midden job will have taken them out of the running.

Yeah that's true. I just worry about going for a manager from League 1 when the side that won promotion and the team that nearly got there are managed by the dinosaurs known as Jim Duffy and Dick Campbell.

I wonder if someone is stalling on an offer ... Suppose timeframe was never mentioned, but this has been a while ! Curious if an offer has been tabled and perhaps another offer (St Mirren ?) has also came in for the same coach causing a delay ...

Course I could just be clutching at straws, but the suspense is killinggg meeeeeeeee !