The New Raith Rovers Thread

Worth noting that the journalist for the East fife mail said on Twitter he spoke to their chairman today and he's under contract at the moment and they were texting about transfer targets today. Fantalk truly has some daft posters to say the least.

contracts negligible,he's out of contract in a month or so

If its Naysmith I'd suggest thats why the board waited until after the season ticket frenzy before anouncing it.

Theyve history, as they say, on close season skullduggery with the fans.

Naysmiths name has been leaked, to make us thankful for who actually gets the gig.

Naysmiths name has been leaked, to make us thankful for who actually gets the gig.

Possibly the concern is that even if he doesn't get it, the fact that he apparently made it from 100+ candidates to at least the final 6 calls into question either the sanity of the board, the general competence of pretty much every out of work manager or both.

Danny Lennon was 100% one of the ones interviewed.

One would think he'd be on the shortlist, with his close association with us and his records at Cowden and St Mirren. If Alloa can afford him so can we. If Naysmith gets the job ahead of him it'll be criminal.

If they appoint another bottom of the barrel cheap as chips manager then I'll fickin watch Kelty Hearts on a Saturday.

f**k sake. Not even Murray was driving fans away before he was appointed. This yet to be named manager is obviously our worst ever. Sack him

If arseholes like you were able to understand plain English you'd easily perceive that the subject is what the BOARD might do, not the new manager.

Of course, (or should that be f**k sake) that would be expecting too much.

Please let it be Naysmith and take Walker with you. The football under him is terrible and believe me we were very fortunate to make the play offs, it's also worth noting that he managed us to relegation the season before despite having a 10 point lead when he took over. Never a manager imho

I doubt it's going to be Naysmith. But if anyone thinks an unsuccessful couple of years at East Fife means someone can't be / isn't going to be a good manager then that's pretty silly.

(Me, I'd be turning the logic on its head - if he were to be appointed it'd be in spite of that track record rather than because of it, which would mean he must have seriously impressed the board with his interview and his way of going about things, which would be sort of interesting. But I'm always an optimist when it comes to footie.)

Possibly the concern is that even if he doesn't get it, the fact that he apparently made it from 100+ candidates to at least the final 6 calls into question either the sanity of the board, the general competence of pretty much every out of work manager or both.

For balance, Jim Leishman was interviewed prior to Jimmy Nicholl being appointed.

Hopefully the questions being asked have changed from;

"If the Saturday game is cancelled, what would you do with the pies?"

Gary Glen let go from livi..wonder how long it'll be before the guy mentions on the rovers facebook that its a done deal that he's signed with us again..

Could he be a contender for our managerial post? Maybe a dream team of Gary Glen and the boy from East Fife? Make it happen Board!

Fingers crossed you guys get Naysmith. Means we'll all be together again in Scotland's arsehole league before long.Big love in days are a coming.

Is there a manager alive who is capable of getting East (fucking) Fife promoted to the Championship? Frankly, I doubt it.

The only way we can get the derby games back is for us to import some East Fife fail. You know it makes sense, Stevo.

P.S. Can I have a picture of a horse?

f**k sake. Not even Murray was driving fans away before he was appointed. This yet to be named manager is obviously our worst ever. Sack him

Aye, Big Berk has now found a new level of rage based on what the board might do.

If it isn't Danny Lennon then Big Berk will possibly chain himself to the railings outside Stark's Park, probably naked, and scream vile abuse at passers by, until the emergency services are called. On the plus side, it'll be a good scoop for the Fife Free Press.

If arseholes like you were able to understand plain English you'd easily perceive that the subject is what the BOARD might do, not the new manager.

Post was strictly tongue in cheek. Hardly worth resorting to name calling in my book but then what do I know.

I understand speculation about who it might be but not so sure about working yourself into a frenzy about what the Board might do. It's a wacky idea but why don't we just wait and see who it is and then no matter who they are get behind them 100% at the start of the season.

Edited by roverthemoon

Just so I'm completely clear here, we don't know for sure if Gary Naysmith was on the shortlist.

If he was, and he was interviewed, we've no idea how well he came across.

Even if he came across spectacularly well, there's no indication that he's getting the job.

And lastly, and perhaps most importantly, Gary Naysmith could conceivably get the position and make a success of it.

Which all means that certain folk are going a bit daft about a completely hypothetical situation.

Good stuff, carry on.