The New Raith Rovers Thread

Murray also didn't have a track record of being relegated then failing in the play-offs. Maybe Naysmith's isn't the worst record out there, but it's not good.

It certainly doesn't justify what would be widely looked upon as a significant promotion.

Murray hasn't managed East Fife. I'd be interested to see how he fared if he did.

Surely East Fife are due us some payback. After all, we've been sending them our over the hill players, flops, and general rejects for years.

From the East Fife forum:

Please Lord let this be true.

I’d love to see the lino sniffing nuggets in the 2nd division which is where Nayclue Naysmith would take them.

Fucking please.

Inspiring stuff.

God please let this rumour about Naysmith be untrue that would be the least inspiring appointment ever. There must be better candidates than a manager the LEast Fife fans would happily help move to Kirkcaldy? Alloa managed to get Danny Lennon so I would be very disappointed if we didn't aim higher than Naysmith.

I'm hoping that the club have leaked the Naysmith rumour so that we will gratefully accept whoever does get appointed, in the knowledge that it could have been worse, it could have been Naysmith.

They've had players like Kevin Smith, Fraser Mullen, the Spanish guy who is supposedly a class apart and still got nowhere near automatic promotion.

My mate East Fife season ticket holder States it's a bit mixed about Naismith, a bit like Marmite you either like him or hate him, he did say though very negative in the playoffs and at times puzzled by his team selections throughout the season. I just feel an experienced manager like Adams or Pressley might not take to kindly to being dictated to by Malpas thus Rovers opting for the more inexperinced in Naismith,Cleland. Hopefully just rumour.

My mate East Fife season ticket holder States it's a bit mixed about Naismith, a bit like Marmite you either like him or hate him, he did say though very negative in the playoffs and at times puzzled by his team selections throughout the season. I just feel an experienced manager like Adams or Pressley might not take to kindly to being dictated to by Malpas thus Rovers opting for the more inexperinced in Naismith,Cleland. Hopefully just rumour.

If Malpas is limiting our options to the extent that we are left looking at the likes of Naysmith then we should be moving him on. I'm pretty sure he has no contract so compensation shouldn't be an issue.

If its Naysmith I'd suggest thats why the board waited until after the season ticket frenzy before anouncing it.

Theyve history, as they say, on close season skullduggery with the fans.

Edited by Big Berk

I heard Naysmith on the radio and he came across reasonably well. Anyone seen East Fife this season to offer an opinion in how they were playing? Obviously, they have worse players than us, so maybe he could do better with better (and full time) players. Tam might get his wish of signing Riordan.

Clelland? Well, if the Board are keen. No doubt people within the game have a better idea of potential candidates than we do.

Wonder who the others that were interviewed were?

Fingers crossed you guys get Naysmith.

Means we'll all be together again in Scotland's arsehole league before long.

Big love in days are a coming.