The New Raith Rovers Thread

Mixed on Nade. In terms of performance over the whole season you could argue he won't be a great loss but he's one of the few Rovers players who I look forward to watching. There was always a bit of a buzz when he came on as a sub. Would be sad to see him go

Usually it was desperation.

I liked Nade, he's technically good and his goals - the few of them he scored - were all important ones (1 vs Cowden, the 2 in 2 vs Hibs, the winner vs Rangers....). He didn't really play well with others though and I thought he slowed down the attack a lot of times.

If given only the option of keeping one of the two I'd rather have Mark Stewart (not something I thought I'd be saying pre-season)

https://twitter.com/mattelder_ffp/status/600678393257000960

"Just back from San Starko. Club staying tight-lipped. Could be wrong, but impression I get is that the ball is now in someone else's court."

Hank Scorpio mentioned a couple of days ago that Danny Lennon was definately interviewed last week. We possibly waiting to hear back about that? The only thing is I can't see us paying for him. Maybe trying to cut a deal with Alloa? I could be talking out my a*se though. Hopefully find out tonight..

Hank Scorpio mentioned a couple of days ago that Danny Lennon was definately interviewed last week. We possibly waiting to hear back about that? The only thing is I can't see us paying for him. Maybe trying to cut a deal with Alloa? I could be talking out my a*se though. Hopefully find out tonight..

Probably barking up the wrong tree myself but the guy mentioning Mckinnon rings true for me, if not him then at least someone Malpas knows well and can work with. Definitely feel he'll be more involved in the coaching side of things this time round.

Usually it was desperation.

I liked Nade, he's technically good and his goals - the few of them he scored - were all important ones (1 vs Cowden, the 2 in 2 vs Hibs, the winner vs Rangers....). He didn't really play well with others though and I thought he slowed down the attack a lot of times.

If given only the option of keeping one of the two I'd rather have Mark Stewart (not something I thought I'd be saying pre-season)

Completely agree here. Nade was a crowd pleaser and he is maybe, rather unfortunately, look at having less of an impact due to our long ball tactics to him. He wouldn't be a massive loss and if he stayed I can't see him being a regular so far play and good luck if Hamilton are going to offer him something. I just think that we should be trying to quicken up our team and get far more pace. Vaughan and Stewart offer that.

https://twitter.com/mattelder_ffp/status/600678393257000960

"Just back from San Starko. Club staying tight-lipped. Could be wrong, but impression I get is that the ball is now in someone else's court."

There are these rumours going about for everyone now. I was also told that Naysmith basically had the job until the board checked the fans reaction on here and fan talk.

I think we should all just hold fire just now until the the announcement is made, which by all accounts is imminent.

Completely agree here. Nade was a crowd pleaser and he is maybe, rather unfortunately, look at having less of an impact due to our long ball tactics to him. He wouldn't be a massive loss and if he stayed I can't see him being a regular so far play and good luck if Hamilton are going to offer him something. I just think that we should be trying to quicken up our team and get far more pace. Vaughan and Stewart offer that.

There are these rumours going about for everyone now. I was also told that Naysmith basically had the job until the board checked the fans reaction on here and fan talk.

I think we should all just hold fire just now until the the announcement is made, which by all accounts is imminent.

No way that's true but to be fair, they could have saved themselves time and looked at the East Fife forum first :lol:

Even when the ball was into feet he sometimes held it up to long, or tried to beat that extra man when there were guys racing into support. Having said that, some of his finishing was sublime - that volley pre season against St Johnstone and the little roll past the keeper against Dumbarton, first game of the season......

But yeah, Vaughan in that number ten role opens up a lot of space in front of Stewart, who's decent at playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

Maybe Gary Glen is his Sunday name.

As far as Nade goes, he has something to offer but has hardly set the heather alight this season. He's probably one of our higher earners as well. Good luck to him if he does go, although I'm a little surprised Hamilton are in for him.

Would have been surprised if lennon was interviewed, he has a year and a halfs contract at alloa. And the board won't buy out someones contract. Would have been great to have had lennon, but we held on to murray too long.

He could be a good manager in the future. I'm not believing the Rovers Board thought the fans would be happy with Naysmith though, so I think your source is a bit mince or your directors are out of the loop in a scary way.

Would have been surprised if lennon was interviewed, he has a year and a halfs contract at alloa. And the board won't buy out someones contract. Would have been great to have had lennon, but we held on to murray too long.

Nothing against Alloa but potentially they could have went down ,my guess is he would have a release clause in his contract allowing him to leave if another club offered him a managers post.

Speaking of Perry, anyone know how he's getting on at Northampton? He catching the eye of any of the big teams yet?

He was on the bench when I saw them a few weeks back. Soccerbase tells me he hasn't actually made it off the bench yet.

Thanks for the hearty laughs over the last couple of days .

Nothing quite like a hypothetical rage.

Looking forward to the announcement!

What is evidently clear is the press have no idea and the board and wider club are very good at keeping schtum.

Edited by mojito