The New Raith Rovers Thread

There is a guy at every home game who always seems to be coming into the south stand midway through the second half as though hes just arrived. He's always quite smartly dressed, looks like he's just had a shower and is always carrying a holdall. He always walks right up to the back of the stand. He's got blonde hair. My mate thinks hes the guy inside the Roary Rover costume but given that I haven't seen Roary for a while I don't think this is correct. Who is he and what does he do? I'm sure I've seen him as security at an away game against the Pars. This has intrigued me for many seasons.

There is a guy at every home game who always seems to be coming into the south stand midway through the second half as though hes just arrived. He's always quite smartly dressed, looks like he's just had a shower and is always carrying a holdall. He always walks right up to the back of the stand. He's got blonde hair. My mate thinks hes the guy inside the Roary Rover costume but given that I haven't seen Roary for a while I don't think this is correct. Who is he and what does he do? I'm sure I've seen him as security at an away game against the Pars. This has intrigued me for many seasons.

It isn't a guy.

Sounds like my mate from school. If he goes up to the back corner of the South Stand at the Railway Stand side then it will be.

Not sure if he still does but he did work in Boots and would come along to the game once he's finished his shift.

I'm maybe wrong though.

I thought the man looked as though he worked at the game in some capacity. He does the same thing during midweek games as well so don't think its the Boots person. It the set of stairs in the South Stand closest to the Main stand if that's any help.

Roary is of course not a guy but a lion. Expect that American dentist to descend on Starks Park to try and shoot him soon.

Talking of mysterious people coming in just for the 2nd half, there's a gent in his mid-late 50's that I've noticed that comes in for the 2nd half, and I thought it was him you were speaking of but he had the RemembeR top on, he did have a backpack on though. Last set of stairs in the South Stand closest to the Railway stand.

At least he seen McKeown's rasper!

Can't disagree with a word mckinnon said in that interview. Its absolutely refreshing to hear a rovers manager telling it how it is.

Superb interview. So much better to listen to than Murray. Delighted he was disappointed by the way we finished the game.

McKinnon comes across quite well in the interviews. Doesn't really hold back, and is quite honest. That's what the supporters want to see. Nothing to hide type attitude, which is good.

Was animated on the touch line as well today, countless times seeing him getting the team to push up and press, and ultimately it brought us our third goal.

Hopefully Vaughan isn't out for long, but encouraged by Toshney running about.

David Bates though. Two clean sheets under his belt, great for him, and with 2 different partners as well.

McKinnon comes across quite well in the interviews. Doesn't really hold back, and is quite honest. That's what the supporters want to see. Nothing to hide type attitude, which is good.

Was animated on the touch line as well today, countless times seeing him getting the team to push up and press, and ultimately it brought us our third goal.

Hopefully Vaughan isn't out for long, but encouraged by Toshney running about.

David Bates though. Two clean sheets under his belt, great for him, and with 2 different partners as well.

Spat oot ma beer, the boy must be slick.