The New Raith Rovers Thread

Confirmation in the FFP that Black's just with us for his own fitness. McKinnon's giving it the usual 'we'll see how he does and could well offer him something... But I'm sure he'll end up elsewhere'.

If he can recapture his footballing form from his Caley and Hearts days he'd be a great asset in this division, but there's not been much evidence for that over the last could of years, and he brings a lot of baggage with him too. When you consider we're also pretty well covered in the middle of the park, I can't see him pulling on a Rovers jersey any time soon.

I'd rather have Davo back anyway...

Confirmation in the FFP that Black's just with us for his own fitness. McKinnon's giving it the usual 'we'll see how he does and could well offer him something... But I'm sure he'll end up elsewhere'.

If he can recapture his footballing form from his Caley and Hearts days he'd be a great asset in this division, but there's not been much evidence for that over the last could of years, and he brings a lot of baggage with him too. When you consider we're also pretty well covered in the middle of the park, I can't see him pulling on a Rovers jersey any time soon.

I read on the 'Halbeath Road' thread that he is considering going over to the dark side.

Make of that what you will.

I'm no fan of Ian Black but what's his baggage? I tried googling after a claim on here that he'd be in the jail if he didn't play football (no idea what that's meant to mean tbh).

All I found was the gambling thing and a cocaine charge from 2012 he was cleared of. Two activities that aren't exclusive to Ian Black in the footballing world and not something I'm sure would be considered baggage. Absolutely no denying he's a dirty b*****d on the pitch mind you.

I'm no fan of Ian Black but what's his baggage? I tried googling after a claim on here that he'd be in the jail if he didn't play football (no idea what that's meant to mean tbh).

All I found was the gambling thing and a cocaine charge from 2012 he was cleared of. Two activities that aren't exclusive to Ian Black in the footballing world and not something I'm sure would be considered baggage. Absolutely no denying he's a dirty b*****d on the pitch mind you.

People just jump on the bangwaggon with regards to hating him probably.

It wasn't so much a criminal history I was thinking of, although the gambling point is an indicator of a worrying degree of thickness, more his association with Rangers and everything that brings. I'm not convinced he's got the temperament to deal with being 'former Rangers star' Ian Black. He'd be better off going down to League One or Two in England.

If we weren't so blessed with Center mids, especially products from out youth system I'd class him as a great signing. I think, however, our limited resources would be better spent elsewhere on the pitch.

On the Ian Black situation, I would never have him at a football club, this was a man who bet against his own team in a match he played in, tell him to GTF, obviously doesn't give a feck and he's not that good anyway.

On the Ian Black situation, I would never have him at a football club, this was a man who bet against his own team in a match he played in, tell him to GTF, obviously doesn't give a feck and he's not that good anyway.

That's should have been a lifetime ban.