The New Raith Rovers Thread

Last time I watched the Rovers at Stenhousemuir, Ray McKinnon scored an absolute peach in a 3-1 Rovers win. Not particularly relevant but anything to relive that moment.

I remember that game. Was there not a bit of added spice to that game with McVeigh being their gaffer and being desperate to beat us?

Fun fact. After Saturday, Jason Thomson has started and finished every single one of our last 70 competitive games.

He has played 11/11 in 11/12, 45/46 in 12/13, 44/47 in 13/14, and 43/43 in 14/15. Unless I'm missing something, all games missed have been due to suspension too! Has never been subbed, been subbed on and only didn't finish a match when sent off against Dundee in 13/14. He missed a 0-0 draw at Cappielow the following week (9th January 2014) and has played every minute since.

Seems to take the odd bit of stick but that's outstanding consistency by anyone's standards. A fair skipper for me.

JS34675559.jpg

Here's to The Ginger Cafu.

Edited by Paco

That's good Thomson knowledge.

Incidentally, we're pretty gingery at the moment. Bates, Thomson and McCord are all of a strawberry-blonde hue.

It's maybe a good thing it's pissed down all summer, otherwise we'd have to shell out a fortune on sun-factor 50 for them.

Whilst it's impressive, didn't Criag Wilson have similar stats ?

Seems to be rare for a (Raith) right back to be chopped and changed

Wilson saw less game time when McGlynn was trying to shoehorn Campbell into the defence but not wanting to drop Murray.

Our left backs tend not to stick around that long, but individually I reckon they don't get chopped too often either.

Fun fact. After Saturday, Jason Thomson has started and finished every single one of our last 70 competitive games.

He has played 11/11 in 11/12, 45/46 in 12/13, 44/47 in 13/14, and 43/43 in 14/15. Unless I'm missing something, all games missed have been due to suspension too! Has never been subbed, been subbed on and only didn't finish a match when sent off against Dundee in 13/14. He missed a 0-0 draw at Cappielow the following week (9th January 2014) and has played every minute since.

Seems to take the odd bit of stick but that's outstanding consistency by anyone's standards. A fair skipper for me.

JS34675559.jpg

Here's to The Ginger Cafu.

Impressive. Every club needs an unsung hero !

The courier saying today that Toshney has hurt his ligaments with no idea when he'll be returning.

Bummox.

ETA: Barr has two weeks to get fit.

Edited by renton

The courier saying today that Toshney has hurt his ligaments with no idea when he'll be returning.

Bugger. That is a disaster.

Anywhere two weeks for a very mild sprain (unlikely by the sounds of it) to several months for a more serious one.

Bugger. That is a disaster.

Anywhere two weeks for a very mild sprain (unlikely by the sounds of it) to several months for a more serious one.

six to twelve weeks for ligaments is pretty normal, isn't it?

club really need a timeline for Barr coming back. If Bates keeps up his performances like on Saturday past, then got no problem with him getting a run in the team, but we are likely to need the cover (and of course benedictus is suspended for Saturday).

Shame for Toshney as he's looked a class above pre season, and against Cowden.