The New Raith Rovers Thread

Everyone makes mistkaes in their lives, but Ian black has made more than many. But their comes a time in your life where you realise you need to change your ways.

and hopefully Ian black has now realsied his time to change is now, he is pretty much going to have to scrape tha barrell to get a contract from clubs if he wants to play at the highest level possible, yes he has fallen from grace, he was one of those players you hated but would love to have in your team when he was at hearts then came his big money move to rangers, that for me ruined him.

Couldnt handle the pressure boll.

But right now we do lack that little something differant. We Lack a hard tackling ball winner with a variety of passing and we defiantly lack his experience.

Mckinnon today states we had to get the average age of the team down, weve done that massivley now and maybe we lack that proper experienced head, ian black has that, he has experienced pretty much evertything in his football career, just having him in training could boost callachan and mccord.

Im not for one minute suggesting we use our remaining budget and throwing it all at ian black, but i say wait a week, offer him training, invite him to starks on saturday like we did JJ hooper. test the water and see how interested he is at staying. our Training facilites are top notch and by all accounts all our newbies this season have enjoyed the training.

Ian black yes he is 100% numpty buthe would bring some experience to our squad.

Nowhere on that thread is it even suggested that Black is considering a move to the Pars.

What I make of that is you can't read and/or are a bit thick.

Couple of posts later, Zen mentions that it was Davo that he was talking about not Black.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Nowhere on that thread is it even suggested that Black is considering a move to the Pars.

Oh dear.

FWIW, you can have both of them, if you like.

It was Davo I was referring to in RATM's post.

Oops.

Some people are going complete OTT over black. What crime has he actually committed in his lifetime that means he should be "jailed" according to some? He certainly hasn't been involved in assaults like David Goodwillie who played for Aberdeen tonight in Europe, in my eyes he's committed worse crimes than black. Look at the laddie Gallacher who livi just re-signed today after he was sentenced to 3 years in jail, committed worse crimes than black? Where were all these people when we signed Jimmy Scott? Punted from hibs for breaking a youth player's jaw, was he head hunted like black? Yes on the park he is a liability at times but if he screws the nut and plays to his full potential he would be a good addition in my opinion. We seem to be lacking the little bit experience and he would help Callachan, Matthews and even McCord.

Some people are going complete OTT over black. What crime has he actually committed in his lifetime that means he should be "jailed" according to some? He certainly hasn't been involved in assaults like David Goodwillie who played for Aberdeen tonight in Europe, in my eyes he's committed worse crimes than black. Look at the laddie Gallacher who livi just re-signed today after he was sentenced to 3 years in jail, committed worse crimes than black? Where were all these people when we signed Jimmy Scott? Punted from hibs for breaking a youth player's jaw, was he head hunted like black? Yes on the park he is a liability at times but if he screws the nut and plays to his full potential he would be a good addition in my opinion. We seem to be lacking the little bit experience and he would help Callachan, Matthews and even McCord.

Well, he has nostrils like a jet engine, that's surely a crime unto nature?

_58572104_6061759.jpg

08.jpg

Beyond that, he comes across as a total fanny, not that that's ever been a bar on playing for the Rovers, but he'd surely hoover (it's a theme) up a big wage that we surely couldn't afford.

Black has been shite for three years, has had a few questionable personal life moments and is generally a c**t on the field. Oh, and he was recently paid £8k a week.

He won't come cheap and the evidence overwhelming supports that he is a risk not worth taking.

Have I mentioned he's a c**t?

I have a bad feeling about this, if he (Black) is this evenings squad news then McKinnon wants his head read.

McCord, Craigan, Callachan, Matthews, Petrie and even Barr can all play central midfield (Blacks position last time I checked) where as none of those players could be described as forwards and with the exception of Barr none of them are really much use in our other time of need for a central defender.

Signing IB would be a luxury signing and I doubt we are in that sort of comfort zone.

I hope to god it's a striker, Lee Miller anyone? Wouldn't be my 1st option either but who else is out there and being touted?

Should we cue the meltdown if its McGurn on loan ? ...

I don't think Mckinnon can be daft enough to do that.. We'll soon find out..

What about a contract extension for Vaughan possibly. His contract is up next summer, hes the player that Mckinnon has been the most impressed with so far. Its would also come under squad news rather than signing news as well.

Hoping for a 3 yr deal for Vaughan..

Edited by Rovers1992/1993