The New Raith Rovers Thread

Refreshing stuff from McKinnon, real honesty and certainly shared my views concerning us failing to push on and get more goals etc, won the game comfortably but will have to be on our game next week as they are the games we need to be winning. Let the fun begin.

Well done today COYR

Rovers ultras

hopefully it takes off,drums,bagpipes,kazoos or whatever( no fukin bugle) .outwith the odd song from fifes finest which is dependant on how much liquid has been thrown down their throat pre match the atmosphere is awful

Feel free at anytime to contribute to making the atmosphere more positive.

There is a guy at every home game who always seems to be coming into the south stand midway through the second half as though hes just arrived. He's always quite smartly dressed, looks like he's just had a shower and is always carrying a holdall. He always walks right up to the back of the stand. He's got blonde hair. My mate thinks hes the guy inside the Roary Rover costume but given that I haven't seen Roary for a while I don't think this is correct. Who is he and what does he do? I'm sure I've seen him as security at an away game against the Pars. This has intrigued me for many seasons.

I know exactly who you mean and I wondered this for YEARS.... Then I spotted him coming in / out of one of the turnstile operator booths one day. I've seen him in one of them a few times since.

I know exactly who you mean and I wondered this for YEARS.... Then I spotted him coming in / out of one of the turnstile operator booths one day. I've seen him in one of them a few times since.

Does the guy wear glasses? If so, my guess is Superman supports the Rovers.

Weirdly I'd seen this guy for years and assumed he was just coming in from work. But yesterday I was there early and saw him pre-match in the turnstile booths. Still doesn't solve the mystery of what's in his hold-all mind you

Edited by roverthemoon

Just looking at yesterday's programme and struck just how well our youth development is delivering at the moment.

Callachan and Vaughan first team regulars.

Bates, Laidlaw and Matthews looking very decent prospects.

Court, Campbell, Robertson relative unknowns but who knows

Not sure what has made the difference to the barren years but suspect the combined efforts of McGlynn and Murray has helped bring these boys on to some extent. So credit where credit is due

Just looking at yesterday's programme and struck just how well our youth development is delivering at the moment.

Callachan and Vaughan first team regulars.

Bates, Laidlaw and Matthews looking very decent prospects.

Court, Campbell, Robertson relative unknowns but who knows

Not sure what has made the difference to the barren years but suspect the combined efforts of McGlynn and Murray has helped bring these boys on to some extent. So credit where credit is due

Yeah, McGlynn completely re-jigged the youth system when he came in, I think Vaughan and Callachan are of the first generation to go the whole way through the new system. Murray may have been slow to introduce them but at least had the sense to keep them in the team when they were playing well.

Weirdly I'd seen this guy for years and assumed he was just coming in from work. But yesterday I was there early and saw him pre-match in the turnstile booths. Still doesn't solve the mystery of what's in his hold-all mind you

Old Craig Winter key rings.

Yeah, McGlynn completely re-jigged the youth system when he came in

Didn't we scrap the youth system before McGlynn came in?

I remember him saying at the time that it would take several years for the work in the youth system to show but it looks to be doing its job now. No more looking at Bryce and Weddeburn as our next big thing!!

McKinnon's interview is simply the best interview I've heard from a Rovers manager in recent memory. Says everything the fans are thinking and whilst praising the win gives constructive views as to how we still need to improve. Compare it to the last few seasons and I can't believe we actually put up with as much as we did.

Really really looking forward now to next week. You can see the progression coming week on week and it can only breed optimism around the club. Delighted with how Bates played yesterday and, although it was against much weaker opponents than we'll face this season, these full early season competitive matches will do him the world of good. He will make mistakes due to his age and lack of experience and when he does we can't get on his back.

One thing we need to watch is trying to overplay out the defence. It has happened a few times during pre-season and again yesterday when we are trying to force passes into midfield which really aren't on. Against better clubs we will get punished if we do it but I'd far rather we attempt to play that way than the god awful punts up into the channels.

Hoping Vaughan injury isn't as bad as feared.

Auld boy in front of me as we were leaving today, opined this on the applauding fans, "They've bugger all to clap about."

Tough crowd.

Must have been the same guy sat near us!! :lol:

Miserable sod!

Whilst Rovers were going thro' a really neat (and successful) close passing session early in the second half, and most fans were applauding it said, "Aye, bit they're no takkin' the man oan" :o

Mind boggles..