The New Raith Rovers Thread

This is the worst news possible. Seemed so innocuous and with him managing to walk off the pitch I thought it would be weeks not months he was out for.

We're in real bother now. We had a striking partnership that seemed to click. Now we're left with Stewart, Wighton and Megginson. Not exactly great.

I'm not sure how any one can see Megginson as anything, given he's been injured for most of pre season. No doubt not having Vaughan is an absolute c**t for him and the club, and while we can't rely absolutely on Wighton every week he's still a skillful player who can do that number 10 role. Megginson also deserves a proper chance before writing him off. Losing Vaughan as bad as that is, we still have others who can play that role to a greater or lesser extent depending on how we set out.

If we lose Stewart on the other hand, we lose the guy who works the channels, drags defenders out of position and has the guile to play the lay offs and through balls. We can't replace Vaughan but the priority should be supplementing Stewart.

Edited by renton

I'm not sure how any one can see Megginson as anything, given he's been injured for most of pre season. No doubt not having Vaughan is an absolute c**t for him and the club, and while we can't rely absolutely on Wighton every week he's still a skillful player who can do that number 10 role. Megginson also deserves a proper chance before writing him off. Losing Vaughan as bad as that is, we still have others who can play that role to a greater or lesser extent depending on how we set out.

If we lose Stewart on the other hand, we lose the guy who works the channels, drags defenders out of position and has the guile to play the lay offs and through balls. We can't replace Vaughan but the priority should be supplementing Stewart.

Megginson played 60/70 minutes last night and looked OK, hopefully an option.

Absolutely spewing for wee Lewis. Really felt like this was going to be the season where he stamped his mark on the league and our first 11. Hopefully he makes a full recovery but it's very often the case that players are never the same after such a serious injury.

Calum Elliot anyone?

Absolutely spewing for wee Lewis. Really felt like this was going to be the season where he stamped his mark on the league and our first 11. Hopefully he makes a full recovery but it's very often the case that players are never the same after such a serious injury.

Calum Elliot anyone?

To be fair, Elliot had four bad ones before he was done. Depends how bad vaughan's is and hopefully we don't rush him back.

Calum Elliot anyone?

I'm gutted for Vaughan and he doesn't play for us! For me Vaughan was easily the most exciting young prospect I saw play against us last season. Notwithstanding he caused us genuine problems I was looking forward to seeing how he came on this season.

If it helps at all, Derek Lyle had a horrendous cruciate injury at one point (when he was with Hamilton I think). He was just about the best striker in the championship last season at 33 so it's not necessarily the end of the world.

If it helps at all, Derek Lyle had a horrendous cruciate injury at one point (when he was with Hamilton I think).

Yeah it was against us back in the SPL, went off about a minute in to the game. Must be a good 6/7 years ago now.