The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was talking about big Damian tonight at the pub, saying that his goal against Ayr in the last minute a few years ago was the last time I went properly mental at Stark's Park. Only realised what I was doing when I was almost on the park.

His goal at Least End was the stuff that stays with you forever. Supernatural save by The Witch, ball to left back and Damian off like a train before smashing it in at our end. Possibly the finest 30s I've ever seen from the Rovers.

I was talking about big Damian tonight at the pub, saying that his goal against Ayr in the last minute a few years ago was the last time I went properly mental at Stark's Park. Only realised what I was doing when I was almost on the park.

Pretty sure you about jumped right over me flying down the South Stand steps...Phenomenal scenes. It was absolutely glorious for him to do that for his first goal back. Especially after we'd had Graham sent off for Malone acting like he'd be shot, and with Allan not giving a blatant hand ball.

Pretty sure you about jumped right over me flying down the South Stand steps...Phenomenal scenes. It was absolutely glorious for him to do that for his first goal back. Especially after we'd had Graham sent off for Malone acting like he'd be shot, and with Allan not giving a blatant hand ball.

It always looks worse because Graham threw himself down straight away after it :lol:

Still no idea how Davidson wasn't sent off after the handball incident too. The celebration is fantastic. Casa wheeling off like he's won the world cup, Then it's a huge pile up. Then a few fans fly in.

I'm gutted that he's retired. Is there more of a cult legend after playing so few games. I think he must've played only about 10 or 15 games.

Still no idea how Davidson wasn't sent off after the handball incident too. The celebration is fantastic. Casa wheeling off like he's won the world cup, Then it's a huge pile up. Then a few fans fly in.

I'm gutted that he's retired. Is there more of a cult legend after playing so few games. I think he must've played only about 10 or 15 games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dami%C3%A1n_Casalinuovo

I remember Danny Lennon scoring from the half way line against Kilmarnock in injury time. Think it was 96/96. The ball was floated into the box and everyone just stood still and it rolled into the net. That was the last time before that Derby win above that iv ever went totally mental at a game. In a good way that is..

I remember that goal by Danny Lennon pretty sure that was the year it we went down and it all turned to shite.

He chipped in with some screamers during his time.

Yeh your right it was, anyone remember the game against Falkirk in 95, We were 2-0down, pulled a go back and Falkirk got a penalty. Keeper saved it (was it lez fridge? ) we went on to win 3-2 with robbie raeside scoring the winner. It secured our status that year. I remember it well as I was in the Sunday post when robbie was celebrating going mental ????. I miss those times

Yeah that was a classic I think it was Bobby Geddes in goal. He had an absolute mare then saved a Mo Johnstone penalty. Absolute scenes at the end when bug Robbie got the winner

Edited by pub car king

Yeh your right it was, anyone remember the game against Falkirk in 95, We were 2-0down, pulled a go back and Falkirk got a penalty. Keeper saved it (was it lez fridge? ) we went on to win 3-2 with robbie raeside scoring the winner. It secured our status that year. I remember it well as I was in the Sunday post when robbie was celebrating going mental ????. I miss those times

Great game, Geddes did a last man tackle on Ally Graham. Stayed on the pitch and them saved the pen.

Secured our status is one way of putting as we eventually made 6th (I think)

Also going back to the nineties, I moved house last week and was going through old programmes. Was flicking through the Gotu Intertoffelag (sp) (side note, I read they aren't a club any more per say, and merged with another?) anyway in this programme it said we had signed a striker from Yugoslavia, but were awaiting a work permit, can't remember his name, but I'm guessing it was turned down? Anyone able to shine light on this?