The New Raith Rovers Thread

McKay was completely and utterly honking for us. An absolute jobber, whose attitude on and off the park from what I can gather, suggested that he really wasn't interested in turning out for us.

It could very well be that he's a decent player whose sorted his application and his workrate, but last season, he was irredeemably tripe.

McKay couldn't be arsed last season for us. It might be all well and good doing it infront of 50,000 at home in the first match of the season live on the TV but we all saw how he managed away at certain haha last season. His performance away at Inverness was one of the worst and most pathetic performances I've the seen for us.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

I sincerely hope it isn't, but really don't see who else it can be.

Heads gone imminent from me.

He'll sign, slot in at centre back, play a blinder and we'll be left looking silly

It is Davo, deal was done last night. Happy enough with that, he's not as bad as some try to make out. Good squad player. Also means the likes of Bates and Matthews can go out on loan and play every week and develop instead of being kept on the bench as backup when everyone is fit.

Edited by R.R.FC

It is Davo, deal was done last night. Happy enough with that, he's not as bad as some try to make out. Good squad player. Also means the likes of Bates and Matthews can go out on loan and play every week and develop instead of being kept on the bench as backup when everyone is fit.

That isn't a good thing. Mckenna had already stated he was happy using the youngsters to cover. Centre mid and centre half are not priorities for us. Queue Davos first 2 footed challenge to be greeted by calls of "he's getting stuck in" or "he's showing his passion " etc

How many game are Bates and Matthews likely to get when everyone is fit? Bates would be 4th choice centre back and Matthews 4th/5th choice centre mid.

Great to see young players come through but I think they would both benefit from playing every week at League 1 level rather than sitting on the bench/in the stands most of the season.

How many game are Bates and Matthews likely to get when everyone is fit? Bates would be 4th choice centre back and Matthews 4th/5th choice centre mid.

Great to see young players come through but I think they would both benefit from playing every week at League 1 level rather than sitting on the bench/in the stands most of the season.

So by your logic Davo is a waste of a wage as he would be in the same position....

Less now there is another body in front of them.

They wouldn't play anyway. That's my point. By adding an extra body they don't need to be kept in the stand as back up they can go out and play every week on loan as we now have cover. They are only 18, there is plenty time for them to make their breakthrough.

I can see why people would prefer to use them as squad players and not use a wage on an extra player when we have cover. My point is, it's probably better for the development of the young players in the long run to go out and play every week than sit in the stands or get the odd appearance off the bench.

They wouldn't play anyway. That's my point. By adding an extra body they don't need to be kept in the stand as back up they can go out and play every week on loan as we now have cover. They are only 18, there is plenty time for them to make their breakthrough.

I can see why people would prefer to use them as squad players and not use a wage on an extra player when we have cover. My point is, it's probably better for the development of the young players in the long run to go out and play every week than sit in the stands or get the odd appearance off the bench.

That's probably Murray's logic in sending out Callachan to p'heid last year. Glad he didn't.

In all honesty my main complaint is that Davo, unless he changed markedly in his time at Dundee, is a donkey. Good engine, no positional discipline and likely to treat McCord as a total stranger for all the times he'll try and pass the ball to another midfielder. It's 40 yard diagonals and chips up the line from here on in.

I'll agree with you on that with Callachan!

McKinnon has spoken regularly about going for the 'right type of player' to fit the squad. He's obviously seen something in 'Davo' that he likes and feels fits in with how we wants to play. I'm willing to trust his judgement. Would agree though, that based on previous centre mid appearances for us, he doesn't appear to fit in with our new style of play. Like every new signing though, I will give him a chance.