The New Raith Rovers Thread

McKinnon was always going to sign an older player, wasnt taking the chance of keeping. Youthful squad, with all our grumpy unhappy at everything fans, Davo is a good signing, still has a lot to offer, has experience, can play in couple of positions so goes by mckinnons status of having a utility squad, don't think bates is fully ready for a full season. But he will only get better, Davo toshney and Benedictus as a back 3 would be good for us.

People forget Davo was at us when we were at our worked, and slowly getting better only to get worse again, and was an easy target for abuse due to him being local. The lad took endless amounts of shit from key folks only to still come back to us.

Good singing in my opinion, but haters going to hate eh!

Agreed. Same fannies that moan week in, week out on this, they'll never be happy. We will still bring in a striker on loan. My guess is shankland from Aberdeen.

Missing the game today because on holiday but fancy us to sneak a 2-1 win. Stewart and Anderson with the goals.

Toshney ahead of schedule??

Hes in the starting lineup today..

Which makes this an even more weird signing if you ask me ! Come next week we will have Toshney/Bene as our pairing with Bates to cover, I wouldn't think we needed any more cover than that, even more baffled with this now :P

Davo :(

Mon now, the guy came to the Rovers through choice and sat in the Majn Stand, even when he was playing with Dundee. Good, bad or indifferent, just like Tade, he obviously cares for the club.

Another good interview with Ray on the website. Third clean sheet in a row today has to be the most pleasing thing. Scoring three also was very handy!

We wanted less goals going in and it looks like from very early on (competively anyway) McKinnon has addressed this almost immediately.

Reduced all three teams to limited clear cut chances, Livi a little unlucky at having 2 long range efforts hit the frame of the goal, but that's by the by.

Next week should be a tough test, will be interesting to see how we shape up at Falkirk, both in personnel, and formation.

So...

Who's going to admit to suggesting that we're going to struggle for goals this year? Since Vaughan went off injured in the 29th minute last week, we have scored 5 well taken goals by 5 different scorers.

Keep them coming..

Yeah lots of scorers so far. You could Megginson really wanted to score, so did Bates when he was up for set pieces. Hopefully Wighton gets a goal soon, he had the perfect opportunity today. That said panicked a bit when Stewart pulled up there.

So...

Who's going to admit to suggesting that we're going to struggle for goals this year? Since Vaughan went off injured in the 29th minute last week, we have scored 5 well taken goals by 5 different scorers.

Keep them coming..

Me.

Albion Rovers are in a lower league, and going on that today, Livi and Alloa will probably be fighting it out for bottom place.

However, I can't remember the last time I attended a game where we beat a team from the same league 3-0, so happy days.

Edited by Scary Bear

So...

Keep them coming..

me,with the forwards we have I think we,ll struggle for goals,happy to be proved wrong though

Me.

Albion Rovers are in a lower league, and going on that today, Livi and Alloa will probably be fighting it out for bottom place.

However, I can't remember the last time I attended a game where we beat a team from the same league 3-0, so happy days.

We skelped Queen of the South by the same scoreline in March, although you're right, big league wins are fairly rare. (And you maybe weren't at the Queens match.)

Strange game today. Thought Livingston looked not a bad side. Also didn't think we were at our best. But we won comfortably. Great third goal from Meggison. Thought everyone put in a good performance with Cuthbert and Toshney the standouts. Toshney looks like a fantastic addition from what I've seen of him so far.

Three games. Three clean sheets. Three wins. Seven goals. Great start to the McKinnon era. Plenty of difficult challenges ahead but as good a start as we could have hoped for. Gives us encouragement and keeps any potential moaners in their box.

Edited by roverthemoon