The New Raith Rovers Thread

Undoubtedly the best team in Fife atm you are.

You'll always know who's the big team is though ;)

;)

I agree we are the best team in Fife. Cheers, Grant.

Good luck to the Pars in their third attempt at getting out of the seaside league. At least now that Morton have gone it should be a cake walk. Are there any other full time sides down there?

Big team? Have you signed some 6+ footers?

I'll throw you a bone. Grant, I know the Pars are the establishment club in Fife, just as Motherwell are in Lanarkshire. However, things don't always work out for the establishment club.

Black and white, though? Just naw. Dull and boring colours. Maybe you should change to red and orange or something like that.

Edited by Scary Bear

Reading that McKinnon likes an attacking style, is a good technician, coach, and knows how and when to change games are all qualities that Murray lacked. So I'm expecting a big improvement from the dull, dreary and inepy fare we've become used to, which shouldnt be hard for him to achieve.

He's not the appointment I hoped for after hearing about the number of high class applicants, but still I'm cautiously optimistic,

You never know exactly what you're going to get with a new manager and most of us don't know much about McKinnon. Judging by the comments of Brechin fans though, they aren't exactly delighted to have lost him so that should be encouraging. Various positive comments about style of play and ability to change a game should have the "Murray out" brigade salivating so I don't really understand the negativity from some.

Let's wait for the squad to take shape, he's got a fairly blank canvas, and get behind him. Unless, of course, he drops McGurn in which case, knives are oot.

He signed Alan Walker so he's also failed the Naysmith test!

I think Ray will have to win the Champions League before you become convinced ?

Unfortunately we have a few supporters of the same ilk at Glebe Park which no doubt helped make Ray's decision to leave a bit easier.

Does anyone remember McKinnon playing for us?

According to Wikipedia he had played for us in the early 2000s but I can't remember him playing for the Rovers.

Yeah I had put on a previous page that I remembered him scoring a beauty of a volley along at Ochilview. Played under Calderon.

I'm happy enough with the appointment of McKinnon, sure it's not a "blockbuster" name but then who would be, at this level? Were McGlynn and Nicholl blockbuster appointments at the time? No. Look forward to seeing what he can do. This league will be more competitive than it has been for a while next season with only two part-time teams, one of whom is Dumbarton who have shown they're capable of finishing above us, and a Danny Lennon-led Alloa should be stronger. Very important time to stay in the league with some big name casualties from the Premiership again.

What I do find strange is Malpas leaving, can only assume either Malpas didn't want McKinnon or vice versa. Doubt we'll ever know but given they played together at Dundee United, an interesting one.

All the best to the great Raymondo.

The old ones are the best.

But just think, that's another year which you's have failed to beat Rovers in a competitive game. That season was your best chance of beating us, and it all went horribly wrong. Even 2-0 at half time in one of the games. Just utter failures.

PS, Nichola from Girls Aloud is actually pretty decent looking. Better than some of the others these days. Plus she clearly has taste. ;)