The New Raith Rovers Thread

What's he like Biggie?

I genuinely thought he would have got his move down south this summer, after the interest shown in him in January..

He's not a big massive guy, but technically he's very good, and will hit the back of the net, easy. Scored for us in the top league when he was only sixteen I think, he's only seventeen now, play him just off a big centre forward and he'll bang in the goals in that division no fucking problem. He's desperate for games, was basically just making subbie appearances here.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

He's not a big massive guy, but technically he's very good, and will hit the back of the net, easy. Scored for us in the top league when he was only sixteen I think, he's only seventeen now, play him just off a big centre forward and he'll bang in the goals in that division no fucking problem. He's desperate for games, was basically just making subbie appearances here.

Well at the minute, we have the fantastic partnership of Stewart and Vaughan. Neither of them are known to be big either. We'll probably bring in one more striker, possibly 2 so hopefully one of them is a big centre forward to get the beast out of Wighton then..

Doesn't need to be partnered with a big striker, just someone with experience to lay off the chances for him, was on loan at Brechin as well, but only for a few games, scored and set up a few when he was there, they wanted to keep him but Hartley recalled him as we had a few injuries.

Wighton would be a great signing for Raith. He played a handful of games last season for Brechin and showed real quality before unfortunately being recalled by Dundee. He is very slight but makes up for it with good technical ability.

- skip to 5:10 to see some class from Wighton (no 10) to set up our second goal against Forfar.

Pretty sure he scored against us in the defeat to Dundee at Dens two seasons ago, which ended our unbeaten run and set us on the dismal three wins in twenty form period.

I remember being pretty surprised that he was only 16 - had a fantastic game.

Could be wrong but I thought the game he scored against us at Dens was his debut. Seem to recall John Brown not being able to play him in the SPL (as it was) because he was 15 too.

Would be very pleased with him signing, albeit I'm not sure what it means for Lewis Vaughan's chances of starting. Could do with a Nade replacement now and we're all set up front.

Young squad by the look of it too...

Could be wrong but I thought the game he scored against us at Dens was his debut. Seem to recall John Brown not being able to play him in the SPL (as it was) because he was 15 too.

Would be very pleased with him signing, albeit I'm not sure what it means for Lewis Vaughan's chances of starting. Could do with a Nade replacement now and we're all set up front.

Young squad by the look of it too...

9th November 2013 up at Dens, Conroy scored in the first half and Wrighton scored with a header in the 48th minute.

Edited by Zen Archer

Wighton is a class act, really a lovely footballer. He isn't strong or good in the air, he is fairly quick, great touch and vision bit is link up play and intelligence is brilliant.

Scored on his debut for us at 16 and also in the premier last season against thistle when he actually ripped them too bits in the 2nd half.

But yeah, this is probably his last ever loan move as Southampton are very keen on him and so are a few prem teams, was actually linked with man u as they had a scour up last year.

Talented player with a bog future if he gets game time.

Hopefully he plays against us in the friendly, be good to see him against us.

I'm all for a younger squad bit it would be beneficial, I think, to have one or two seasoned pros who have perhaps played at a much higher level that ourselves, had good careers and can lead and inspire the younger squad members.

Kyle Benedictus should be a good signing for you. Championship is definitely his level, but he is strong in the air and loves a tackle. Can be caught out a bit positionally at times and isn't the fastest but solid if unspectacular signing.