The New Raith Rovers Thread

Was never this hoo ha when we were effectively Hearts reserves.

Correct (and a fair few of them were not great pedigree) hilson is a decent player. Impressed me when we played Forfar in the cup at the start of the season, would complement Megginson pretty well - might play well in a 3 in a 4-2-3-1 as well

I also seem to recall Hilson having a good game against us last season. If we can get him on board I see no reason why we can't push for the top 6 again this season.

Funny how some people (not a dig at you btw) will be happy with another top 6 finish yet hounded Murray out for the same result last season

Funny how some people (not a dig at you btw) will be happy with another top 6 finish yet hounded Murray out for the same result last season

it seems we're always the best of the rest. Brilliant one week and crap the next. Murray didn't have any tactical idea whatsoever and often chose the wrong team to play (setup) he also left it too late to use subs or take the wrong player off. There should be no reason why we can't finish 2nd or 3rd. Rangers will have a new team and a lot of St. Mirren players have moved on. Falkirk don't seem to be adding much and QoS look pretty much the same as last year. Maybe a team of young enthusiastic players can win us games in the last 15/20 mins of the game, especially if we've got pace on the bench

I think it was the manner in which we got there that was the problem. Regular thumpings at home, very little football being played, dubious decision making from the bench etc etc. I would be happy to finish the same amount of points ahead of the bottom two this season provided we are a bit less frustrating to watch.

QoS look pretty much the same as last year.

So far I think they've lost Clark, Holt, Carmichael, McShane, McKenna, Paton, Durnan and Reilly. Maybe one or two have still to be confirmed but that's a hell of a lot of good players to lose from the first team squad. Because of that I'll be a wee bit disappointed if we can't finish above them.

To be fair, Murray lost the fans by having three seasons in which no discernible improvement whatsoever was made. Add that to two prolonged spells of dismal form with the last couple of seasons and the damage had been done.

I'll be disappointed if we finish 6th without making more of a push at the top 4, but McKinnon has come in amd made fairly sweeping changes. That won't take place overnight and we can't expect instant results. That said, I'm not convinced with what's been done so far.

Not that funny. Think it would get as many laughs as a typical Murray post match interview.

6th is realistic. Sevco, Hibs, St Mirren and Falkirk are all better than us. QoS usually are too but they've lost a lot of players. Morton are an unknown quantity.

Hopefully we overachieve and bag a play off place.

Edited by Scary Bear

Right then, if the season kicked off tomorrow, how would we be lining up?

Stewart Vaughan
Petrie McCord Callachan Anderson
McKeown Toshney Benedictus Thomson
McGurn

Can't see there would be much in the way of movement there, given Barr's injury.

Between now and August, I wonder how many in that XI might be displaced? Vaughan's likely to lose out to Wighton, at least initially. I'm not convinced Petrie is an ideal starter. I'd like to see another out and out wide player join (I know opinion is split on Cardle, but I think he'd improve that line up) to cover the left hand side at the very least.

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

Right then, if the season kicked off tomorrow, how would we be lining up?

Stewart Vaughan

Petrie McCord Callachan Anderson

McKeown Toshney Benedictus Thomson

McGurn

Can't see there would be much in the way of movement there, given Barr's injury.

Between now and August, I wonder how many in that XI might be displaced? Vaughan's likely to lose out to Wighton, at least initially. I'm not convinced Petrie is an ideal starter. I'd like to see another out and out wide player join (I know opinion is split on Cardle, but I think he'd improve that line up) to cover the left hand side at the very least.

I think Stewart would be the one displaced as Vaughan is a more creative player and meggison in for petrie