The New Raith Rovers Thread

You'll never know what are all the ins and outs were, but as others have said, it might have been written in his contract that he won't be insured if he was to have a serious injury. Not that in sticking up for the club, but it could be a possibility? But as I said, we will probably never know.

I'm good mates with Calum and have been speaking to him a lot over last few weeks. That Jason Talbot done him in a tackle and he's done his knee again of course. Raith are a shambles, they don't have full time physio !! Calum got injured playing for the club so the club should foot the bill. Duty of care ?? No !! The op private is costing £6,000. He would had been offered new contract if this never happened!!

That's like saying next year, near the end of season if boys contracts are up then they can turn around and say "sorry I can't play just incase I get injured"

I would be surprised if we were thinking offering Calum a new contract. Last time he looked a decent player was 2013.

From memory, in the tackle with the Livi player Calum looked the more reckless going into it. Just unfortunate for him that he injured himself.

Good luck To Calum for the future.

Perhaps Clum's pal can explain why the PFA won't pursue this on his behalf ?

I'd also be interested to hear why the PFA aren't taking up his case. Maybe they are skint these days too.

It does seem a bit off that he got injured playing for us and we're not sorting it. Are players encouraged to take out their own private medical cover?

Edited by Scary Bear

I would be surprised if we were thinking offering Calum a new contract. Last time he looked a decent player was 2013.

From memory, in the tackle with the Livi player Calum looked the more reckless going into it. Just unfortunate for him that he injured himself.

Good luck To Calum for the future.

Big bad Jason Talbot ruined my career by having the audacity to tackle me - boo hoo. It's all everyone else's fault. It's just not fair.

I'm good mates with Calum and have been speaking to him a lot over last few weeks. That Jason Talbot done him in a tackle and he's done his knee again of course. Raith are a shambles, they don't have full time physio !! Calum got injured playing for the club so the club should foot the bill. Duty of care ?? No !! The op private is costing £6,000. He would had been offered new contract if this never happened!!

That's like saying next year, near the end of season if boys contracts are up then they can turn around and say "sorry I can't play just incase I get injured"

Rovers a shambles based on what? We had a Physio but she left near the end of the season to go to another club you could say a promotion Infact.

New contract for Calum ! Thank God he didn't, because his performances were shocking at times, didn't look interested. But to be honest I'm disappointed in the role of the Rovers I thought they could even meet half the cost of the operation at least poor reflection on my club. Best of luck to Calum in the future and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

The club really should at least explain why they aren't paying for his op. We're playing a dangerous game here, and players could reasonably refuse to play if their contract is about to expire and they don't think they'll get a new one.

Then they would be in breach of contract and the legal ball would be in out court.

Then they would be in breach of contract and the legal ball would be in out court.

It wouldn't really matter at that stage, tbh. All we would be able to do is termimate the contract of a player who would be leaving in a few weeks anyway.

Legally, yes the ball would be in our court, but we would have little to no remedy.

Hopefully for Calums sake he recovers from this injury, like Liam I would like to know more of the club's side of things before saying anymore.

However when Calum gets his op, if he wants to get the most out of his remaining playing career he should maybe get his mouth stapled shut and arms stitched yo his sides too...

Edited by RoversMad

Fraser Wishart on the tele said that some clubs offer insurance as part of the contract and some clubs don't, unfortunately that's just the way football is these days. This is probably why the club/insurance aren't paying for his op. Maybe this is why the PFA aren't backing him?

Edited by MICMAC

Yeah he said it was Murray he was talking too about it !! I know I'm a mate but feel sorry for him. Gets bad injuries all the time. On his day a very good player.

That day never happened in a Rovers top, most of his time was spent moaning to a referee

That day never happened in a Rovers top, most of his time was spent moaning to a referee

He did have good days, his first season he was maybe not spectacular but still pretty handy. The new year game against Dundee, after we went down to ten men and he was up top by himself, he really put a shift in and got kicked black and blue by the Dee defence - it was a fantastic performance from him, also his double against QoS is another example.

He was a moany c**t, but still decent for us, when we could get him off the treatment table.

Fraser Wishart on the tele said that some clubs offer insurance as part of the contract and some clubs don't, unfortunately that's just the way football is these days. This is probably why the club/insurance aren't paying for his op. Maybe this is why the PFA aren't backing him?

If he was specifically and deliberately not covered by the club's insurance perhaps due to his previous injuries in his contract then I fail to sympathise with his cause. That's just the way it goes in afraid and thankfully we have the NHS in this country so he will get the op he'll just have to wait his turn a wee bit like the rest of us. End of the day the clubs a business not a charity.

It wouldn't really matter at that stage, tbh. All we would be able to do is termimate the contract of a player who would be leaving in a few weeks anyway.

Legally, yes the ball would be in our court, but we would have little to no remedy.

Yeah we'd be able to do nothing... Apart from threaten or take legal action.

Quite telling that the PFA arent interested in this, I thought they would have been round this like flies round shite.

There's an interview on the STV site with Elliot where he says he never had medical insurance on his contract. I would have thought that if that was the case he might have taken out some form of personal insurance incase this exact scenario occurred.

Thinking about it, would that have meant that every time he was injured, the club were paying for his ops and rehab along with wages?