The New Raith Rovers Thread

......................................................................................................tumbleweed......................................................................................................

So much for a signing today/night. Friday night ruined

As an aside, me and my mates were chatting about what our favourite Rovers songs (songs we sing anyway) are.

A consensus formed around Geordie Munro but quite a lot of love for 'We're not orange, we're not green'.

What about everyone else?

Also, I was trying to remember a song about whiskey and the rovers boys being in town but haven't heard it in a while, can anyone enlighten me to all the lyrics!?

As an aside, me and my mates were chatting about what our favourite Rovers songs (songs we sing anyway) are.

A consensus formed around Geordie Munro but quite a lot of love for 'We're not orange, we're not green'.

Also, I was trying to remember a song about whiskey and the rovers boys being in town but haven't heard it in a while, can anyone enlighten me to all the lyrics!?

they call us raith rovers the talk of the north, we come from Kirkcaldy just over the forth, we drink all your whiskey and Newcastle brown, the rovers boys are in town

we are Raith Rovers, the talk of the North, we come from kdy, just over the Forth, we'll drink all your whisky & Newcastle Brown, the Rovers boys are in town...

May or may not be a rip off Geordie song ;)

they call us raith rovers the talk of the north, we come from Kirkcaldy just over the forth, we drink all your whiskey and Newcastle brown, the rovers boys are in town

That's the Irish version...

:P

we are Raith Rovers, the talk of the North, we come from kdy, just over the Forth, we'll drink all your whisky & Newcastle Brown, the Rovers boys are in town...

May or may not be a rip off Geordie song ;)

Ah that is it! Also, while I have you, we had a disagreement over 'sweet molly malone' - can someone post the lyrics and settle a little debate!

In Dublin fair city, where the girls are so pretty, I first set my eyes on sweet molly malone,

As she wheeled her wheelbarrow, through streets long and narrow, singing.....clap clap etc....

*f**k the booooooooooo'ers

We were taking a photo at the Molly Malone statue, with a Rovers scarf on her, when some old irish guy came to me and said "do you realise you're taking a photo of prostitute?"

I said "yeah but we're only taking a photo, you guys built her a statue!"

In Dublin fair city, where the girls are so pretty, I first set my eyes on sweet molly malone,

As she wheeled her wheelbarrow, through streets long and narrow, singing.....clap clap etc....

*f**k the booooooooooo'ers

Much appreciated. I win. Anyone know where these songs come from?

broad and narrow is the version I know. Otherwise the same.

Geordie Munro is far and away the best Rovers song anyhow. It's the only one we have which is unique.

broad and narrow is the version I know. Otherwise the same.

Geordie Munro is far and away the best Rovers song anyhow. It's the only one we have which is unique.

Uniquely there is a poster on Fantalk who actually did go to Idaho to become a potato farmer.

It's broad and narrow, anything else is incorrect. I assume Raith copied this from Hearts?

this was another we used to sing 35 yrs ago. We also sang.

We fkd the hibees when the season first begun, we fkd them again and had them on the run. At fir park we fkd Motherwell so bring on the rest and we'll fk them as well

broad and narrow is the version I know. Otherwise the same..

It's broad and narrow, anything else is incorrect. I assume Raith copied this from Hearts?

"Broad AND Narrow"...

That's a bit Irish...