The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm good mates with Calum and have been speaking to him a lot over last few weeks. That Jason Talbot done him in a tackle and he's done his knee again of course. Raith are a shambles, they don't have full time physio !! Calum got injured playing for the club so the club should foot the bill. Duty of care ?? No !! The op private is costing £6,000. He would had been offered new contract if this never happened!!

That's like saying next year, near the end of season if boys contracts are up then they can turn around and say "sorry I can't play just incase I get injured"

I'm good mates with Calum and have been speaking to him a lot over last few weeks. That Jason Talbot done him in a tackle and he's done his knee again of course. Raith are a shambles, they don't have full time physio !! Calum got injured playing for the club so the club should foot the bill. Duty of care ?? No !! The op private is costing £6,000. He would had been offered new contract if this never happened!!

That's like saying next year, near the end of season if boys contracts are up then they can turn around and say "sorry I can't play just incase I get injured"

It would be a good idea if he took out his ire on Talbot.

post-31698-0-07380900-1434666646.jpg

We did have a full time physio who was poached by Hearts towards the end of the season but I can't say I've heard of us replacing her.

I'd be amazed if we were going to offer Elliot a new contract. Murray might have but he got sacked after the same game Elliot was injured in.

We did have a full time physio who was poached by Hearts towards the end of the season but I can't say I've heard of us replacing her.

I'd be amazed if we were going to offer Elliot a new contract. Murray might have but he got sacked after the same game Elliot was injured in.

Yeah he said it was Murray he was talking too about it !! I know I'm a mate but feel sorry for him. Gets bad injuries all the time. On his day a very good player.

I'd be amazed if we were going to offer Elliot a new contract. He scored one league goal in season (admittedly injury plagued). I wish the lad a speedy recovery, and would love to see him back playing at some level, but had the injury not occurred I still would have thought he'd have moved on from us.

I'd be amazed if we were going to offer Elliot a new contract. He scored one league goal in season (admittedly injury plagued). I wish the lad a speedy recovery, and would love to see him back playing at some level, but had the injury not occurred I still would have thought he'd have moved on from us.

As I said Murray was talking to him about it. He's not going to kick a ball again until about March. Raith should cover the costs for op thou !!

There was no way Elliot was getting another contract and even before the 2nd last game of the season he knew it. "I hadn't had the best of seasons and I knew there would be no new contract on offer" He said in his newspaper article.

As for the Rovers I too am a bit disapointed in their stance, even if Elliot hasn't been the greatest of signings I'd have thought that there would be some insurance cover for players.

I too would now worry that this could lead to setting a dangerous president with players unwilling to play at a seasons end when know they will not be offered a new contract. Imagine the scenario Raith needing points to stay up and Players refusing to pull on jerseys.

As for the tackle it was a real horror show as the Livvi man went right through him. Talbot is a thug, he'll fit in well at Pars,

Edited by Scottydog

Elliot was a good player for us when he first arrived. He was too injury prone to be offered a new deal though. Without knowing all the facts it's hard to comment but I find it shocking that we aren't paying for his operation. This will surely put other players off joining our club. I just hope there's more to it that we don't know!

The club really should at least explain why they aren't paying for his op. We're playing a dangerous game here, and players could reasonably refuse to play if their contract is about to expire and they don't think they'll get a new one.

Elliot didn't kick a ball in 2012 after a bad injury at Dundee in December 2011. His next game was not until February 2013 when he played for Alloa. That being the case it may have been that Rovers offered him a chance to get back into full time football but the deal might have been that they would not be responsible if he broke down again. I'm not saying it excuses Rovers but those might have been the terms under which he signed.