The New Raith Rovers Thread

At the end of the day the Pars may have a bigger budget, better average attendances but where has it got them considering they finished mid table in the 1st division ? The Rovers may lose in all fronts with regards to the Pars but we must be doing something right in terms of league finish, posting profits the last 2 seasons, like someone said its a big season for the Pars win or bust in my opinion.

It actually bothers me not just with the Pars but other teams that plead poverty yet still have a decent budget compared with other as the same level as themselves.

Grant getting all defensive and rolling out defensive cliches like "total non story" and "I see your not bothered" tells it's own tale. Dunfermline will spend anything to get out of that league even if they're cutting their own noses off in the process. The club has learnt nothing. Those lads that give £20 a month would be as well flushing it down the lavvy.

:lol: Dunfermline. Lets put it this way. The Pars finished in the same position as we did in our first season down in division 2 after the Anelka farce (which, we got out of without having to use administration to clear our debts). They finished 5 points ahead of a team managed by Gordon Dalziel including Ally Brown, Willie Lyle and Paul Hilland among others. Morton stood out as the only other full time team (who limped over the line themselves). We had to face Gretna, Morton and Partick Thistle who were all full time back then.

Still, it's a complete non-story.

Still. Cardle eh. :lol:

Good player for us in the past, even scored 10 goals for us in the SPL in the season we were there, he'd be an outstanding signing for the league we are in and he'd be a good signing for the majority of the teams in the Championship, he does like the big occasions and he does like to feel loved. Got the impression he was never really fussed at Starks.

:lol: Dunfermline. Lets put it this way. The Pars finished in the same position as we did in our first season down in division 2 after the Anelka farce (which, we got out of without having to use administration to clear our debts). They finished 5 points ahead of a team managed by Gordon Dalziel including Ally Brown, Willie Lyle and Paul Hilland among others. Morton stood out as the only other full time team (who limped over the line themselves). We had to face Gretna, Morton and Partick Thistle who were all full time back then.

Still, it's a complete non-story.

You're getting things mixed up, I said that us posting the 200 grand loss was a complete non-story. I never denied that we were pish last year, I thought everyone knew that already tbh.

They couldn't register players, but they could make offers pending the resolution of it - and were actively doing so.

My mistake then, I'd still say that you'd expect us to be able to offer a better deal than Livi, would you agree?

Grant getting all defensive and rolling out defensive cliches like "total non story" and "I see your not bothered" tells it's own tale. Dunfermline will spend anything to get out of that league even if they're cutting their own noses off in the process. The club has learnt nothing. Those lads that give £20 a month would be as well flushing it down the lavvy.

:lol: Enigma getting all defensive while rolling out the defensive cliches "The club has learnt nothing" "Dunfermline will spend anything to get out of that league" Don't talk pish min and get caught up in the wording, I used the "cliches" like "total non story" because those were the words that best summarised what I wanted to say, deal with it. Likewise the poster I quoted had said that it didn't bother him, you'd think it would be pretty obvious why I had in turn said "I see your not bothered" :1eye

I'd imagine we'll spend what we can, I'd imagine the vast majority of teams will do likewise,I take it your club will only spend about half of what they can this year? we have zero credit rating so we can't borrow or lend money, the money we spend already has to be there, throwing out boring cliches such as "the club has learnt nothing" and reeks of someone who doesn't have the slightest inkling or knowledge about the vast differences to this regime and the last. The club is much more efficient and streamlined now, even today we had an event to launch the strip that was extremely well attended and will have made the club a decent amount of cash,something that the last regime wouldn't have though of. the lifeline, both events that surely even Raith Rovers would benefit from?

bhW7WdI.jpg

At the end of the day the Pars may have a bigger budget, better average attendances but where has it got them considering they finished mid table in the 1st division ? The Rovers may lose in all fronts with regards to the Pars but we must be doing something right in terms of league finish, posting profits the last 2 seasons, like someone said its a big season for the Pars win or bust in my opinion.

It actually bothers me not just with the Pars but other teams that plead poverty yet still have a decent budget compared with other as the same level as themselves.

For the vast majority of our history it has got us finishing above Raith Rovers, no denying that over the past few seasons Raith have been well run whereas we have been a shambles, which is why the current positions are where they are.

How many £250k losses can you make before the buckets are out again? Are you not in the least bit concerned that the club made such a huge loss. Fair enough you have a bit of a nest egg but what happens if you fail to go up again? Piss another quarter mil up against the wall?

Dunfermline made such a huge loss, because their budget included cup runs which failed to materialise.

They can dress it up whichever way they like and suggest that it was anticipated, but to include cup runs in a budget is poor financial planning.

Dunfermline made such a huge loss, because their budget included cup runs which failed to materialise.

They can dress it up whichever way they like and suggest that it was anticipated, but to include cup runs in a budget is poor financial planning.

Pure arrogance really.

For the vast majority of our history it has got us finishing above Raith Rovers.

PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rovers were formed in 1883, Dunfermline in 1885. Rovers entered the league in 1902 but Dunfermline were not allowed entry until 1912 (not our fault they were late to the party). Dunfermline have finished above Rovers on 48 occasions (if you include the cheating years). Against that, if we start in 1902 when Dunfermline were a mere Junior team, Rovers have finished above Dunfermline (or they were not there) on no fewer than 56 occasions, 57 if you include the season ahead.

My mistake then, I'd still say that you'd expect us to be able to offer a better deal than Livi, would you agree?

I don't have any particular problem with it, sure. I might be a bit worried about another season full-time if I were a Pars fan, but that's your lookout.

By-the-by, I met John Potter fairly briefly, a month or two back, and he was talking about the comparison between full and part-time wages and the difficulties in getting players to switch from one to the other. The sorts of figures he was talking about didn't seem unreasonable.

(Also, Potter seemed like a decent guy. He's not a legend like his brother though, obviously.)

Rovers were formed in 1883, Dunfermline in 1885. Rovers entered the league in 1902 but Dunfermline were not allowed entry until 1912 (not our fault they were late to the party). Dunfermline have finished above Rovers on 48 occasions (if you include the cheating years). Against that, if we start in 1902 when Dunfermline were a mere Junior team, Rovers have finished above Dunfermline (or they were not there) on no fewer than 56 occasions, 57 if you include the season ahead.

Telt! :lol:

It's not your fault no, but seing as I said our history my point still stands, how on earth can you finish above a team that isn't in the same league structure?

Take away ten and you're down to 47, out of interest how many since the second world war?

It's not your fault no, but seing as I said our history my point still stands, how on earth can you finish above a team that isn't in the same league structure?

Take away ten and you're down to 47, out of interest how many since the second world war?

Does it make a difference right now no? Are you pish Yes.

You guys suck so much that your only relevant argument is how many times you have finished about us in your history hahhaha,. Wake up mate and smell the coffee. We are the dominant team in fife now and you can't tie our laces. I couldn't give a shite about your previous years post war etc. As it stands we dominate you fking warzel looking gimp!!

Enough said